Super Contributor

cleaning cat accident from microfiber sofa - help please

My kitty peed once on the LZ Boy microfiber sofa. He managed to get it between the cushions which are not removable. I have used that Nature's Miracle on it multiple times, I think we got most of the smell out. But now it smells like Nature's Miracle, which makes me think of kitty pee and is not a pleasant smell.

Has anyone had to deal with this and what are your success stories? Should I hire a professional steam cleaner? Can I use white vinegar? Other products? Help!

Honored Contributor

Re: cleaning cat accident from microfiber sofa - help please

I've always shampooed areas from kitty accidents. I have an oreck shampooer with a stair attachment. I've never tried vinegar, maybe someone else has.
Super Contributor

I don't know how old your sofa is, but lazyboy does guarantee their furniture. I called them and they sent someone out to clean it, no charge. My sofa was about 5 yeaes old.
Honored Contributor

Vinegar is an excellent deodorant and certainly won't hurt anything. I'd give it a try.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I wouldn't use vinegar. It can take up to two weeks for natures miracle to finish the job, especially on something like a couch. I'd give it more time. If it still smells like natures miracle then it's not completely dry yet.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I have good luck with OxiClean but do a test on a hidden area first.

Valued Contributor

Nature's Miracle. You can find it at pet stores. We had a greyhound pee on our white sofa, and Nature's Miracle got it all out.
Honored Contributor

On 12/31/2014 shamalamadingdong4 said: Nature's Miracle. You can find it at pet stores. We had a greyhound pee on our white sofa, and Nature's Miracle got it all out.

OP already did that- this is from her OP-

I have used that Nature's Miracle on it multiple times, I think we got most of the smell out. But now it smells like Nature's Miracle, which makes me think of kitty pee and is not a pleasant smell.