Honored Contributor

I am so happy I have seen the early maples , showing tiny patches of color, among the green leaves

It reminds me ,fall is not far off, and the oppressive  heat will be gone in a few weeks. Autumn is my favorite time of the year ,and I think the most beautiful

Fall and winter clothing  are my favorites too.

We are off later today, to see Christopher Robin. We saw the new Mission Impossible film, last week. It was touted to be the best one so far. I can't vouch for that , Its the first one I have seen . Not much of a story, and what there was was sort of hokey, as far as I am concerned, but its all fantasy to begin with, so I don't knock off points for that. There were a lot of chase scenes and violence. It didn't stop a family from bringing a baby and a 6 year old to see it. The 6 year old talked through the entire film and the parents never told him to be quiet  one time. 

I hope we have a good film season  coming up, I enjoy the movies, and its a cheap form of entertainment for us

Esteemed Contributor

Re: chit chat EVERYONE WELCOME

@cherryWhat a lovely post for Friday! Enjoy Christopher Robin. Sometimes we need a little fantasy in our lives. Hope today's movie is quiet and enjoyable for everyone in the theater. 

This is our City's "First Friday of the Month Art Walk" in the art gallery area of downtown. Always such a fun and interesting time with a mix of friends from over the years, art for sale in each gallery, and restaurants/bistros at their busiest. Have been going with friends for about 40 years (except in the bitterly cold weather). Used to buy; now enjoy looking and visiting with young and upcoming artists. They are ambitious, socially adept, independent and our future community leaders. Enjoy talking with self-made young people. Their lives (so far) and on-going goals are fascinating.

While fall may be your favorite season, we'll have to agree to disagree! I'm a spring/summer lover. The awakening of the world is a joy each year. And the warmth keeps me alive. Once the temperatures hit 70 degrees, health issues surface again and the pain is relentless. The fall/winter clothing is a favorite! The deep, rich colors and the warm textiles are heavenly! (Until the end of December. Then I've had enough and need to skip January, February, March with the short dark days!) 

Enjoy Christopher Robin! Report back, please. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Way around the bothersome rude people is :

1. go to early matinee thru weekdays

2. wait till it comes out on DVD and get at library for FREE

I'm always # 1 in queue at my local library because I watch for them to order the DVD's I"m interested in then I pounce on them and that way you won't be way down the line in queue. Being # 1 also guarantees other people haven't had time to botch up the DVD.

When we eat out we eat early. 11:00   that way you get in and out before the

masses trickle in. We're going out the door about the time people with a herd of kids come in, groups laughing and cackling, etc.

We get up early compared to most people anyway, so, fits our lifestyle and cuts down on aggravations. You have to make your own oasis.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE  we were at a matinee. Now that you have to choose a designated seat ,I don't feel free to just move to another seat

I blame those parents and not the kiddie, He has obviously never been trained to be considerate of other

Some things are just better on a big screen and this movie was one of them

@BirkiLady  I know not everyone loves the cooler months. I just happen to be someone who does. Heat isn't my friend, nor sunshine, either

I will report back about the film....there is another one I want to see. It is a Brit spy flick, but a comedy..next week we will see that one

Trusted Contributor

What happened to Summer?  What happened to Spring?  It was cold very late into the Spring.  Then nothing but rain the first part of June.  A few weeks of Summer weather.  Now again, two solid weeks of nothing but rain.  I feel as though we got cheated out of Summer almost alltogether.  Doesn't do a lot for me.  We have a pool which both of us really enjoy - very little this year.  Don't say the end is in sight; Summer has hardly made an appearance here.

Honored Contributor

You can have my share of it. It is like death Valley in my area @aggravated..

Esteemed Contributor

We have had some cool weather here and I loved it. Its suppose to heat up now, but in the 90's and not 100's so I am not going to complain too much. Its been cool walking the dogs in the mornings, and like you, @cherry I feel fall isn't too far off! Yay!

I hope you have fun at the movies. I miss being able to go, the last few times I have gone, I have ended up with a horrible migraine.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm taking my neighbor girl, whom I've known since she was in the womb, for her belated birthday lunch today. Her birthday was in March, but she was at Fashion Institute of Technology in NYC at that time. She's been working summer jobs in Seattle, and finally has a day off. Soon she will head back to NYC for the new school year. However, after a week of weather in the high 80's and low 90's, we are now in grayness and 60 degree temps. What to wear? We never know if it will suddenly change back to high temps by afternoon. As long as it doesn't rain, I'll be happy. We haven't had rain in a very long time.

Time goes so fast, especially in the summer. Unlike you,Cherry, I look forward all year to sunshine days of summer because we have at least 6 months of gray clouds and rain. Seattle is at its pinacle of beauty when sunshine prevails over the lakes and mountains that surround us. 

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman  we have lots of grey days, but I love my Heathcliff skies. Surrounded by water as I am, there is something I find very appealing in clouds..I can hear all the hisses and boos now ..be my guest everyone ..I still love them

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@SharkE  we were at a matinee. Now that you have to choose a designated seat ,I don't feel free to just move to another seat

I blame those parents and not the kiddie, He has obviously never been trained to be considerate of other

Some things are just better on a big screen and this movie was one of them

@BirkiLady  I know not everyone loves the cooler months. I just happen to be someone who does. Heat isn't my friend, nor sunshine, either

I will report back about the film....there is another one I want to see. It is a Brit spy flick, but a comedy..next week we will see that one

Huh? never heard of picking out a designated seat before. Hope

that's not the case where I live or we won't be going,period. LOL

I like Furr's Cafeteria and feed yourself buffet places if we sit down and then here comes people we don't care for next trip to buffet for 2nds we go to the other side. Problem solved.