Honored Contributor

Re: chit chat EVERYONE WELCOME

@SharkE  It is something they just started and I hate it..You have to select a seat when you buy your ticket

We usually eat breakfast out, and then eat light for our other meal. We eat 2 meals a day, to keep our weight in check

I haven't

eaten at a buffet in a long time. I think you are wise not to do seconds. Years ago during nasty election  season, one of the parties spiked a salad bar or buffet with e-coli to  win. They won and got found out... ever since then I lost my appetite for buffets

Honored Contributor

Gees Louise, girl , where do U live. LOL  Society , is changing and not  for the best. People  are rude, short tempered, under pressure. I'm glad I won't be  around for the end times.

If I'd gotten  sick from that buffet and had to go to hospital I'd sent that guy the bill. that's not  funny for the elderly and the children.

Honored Contributor

This happened out west , not where I live. It was on a TV news program..it was years ago

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@cherry wrote:

@SharkE  we were at a matinee. Now that you have to choose a designated seat ,I don't feel free to just move to another seat

I blame those parents and not the kiddie, He has obviously never been trained to be considerate of other

Some things are just better on a big screen and this movie was one of them

@BirkiLady  I know not everyone loves the cooler months. I just happen to be someone who does. Heat isn't my friend, nor sunshine, either

I will report back about the film....there is another one I want to see. It is a Brit spy flick, but a comedy..next week we will see that one

Huh? never heard of picking out a designated seat before. Hope

that's not the case where I live or we won't be going,period. LOL

I like Furr's Cafeteria and feed yourself buffet places if we sit down and then here comes people we don't care for next trip to buffet for 2nds we go to the other side. Problem solved.

Yes, the seat picking was a shocker for me. I was supposed to meet some friends at the theater to see the Billie Jean King movie a few months back. I thought I was late, so I went to buy a ticket and planned to find my friends inside. I was told I had to select a seat. Huh? How was I supposed to know what they had chosen. Turns out they were late too. Good thing I stuck around for a while just in case.  We hadn't determined where we were going to meet. It all worked out, but color me surprised at the seating requirement.

Honored Contributor

I'm back to the library. LOL

Respected Contributor

@cherry me too.  Love a good rainy day especially when it's warm.  Love the sun too, but there's nothing better than snuggling under the covers with something good to read while hearing raindrops. ☔⚡

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

@luvzchiz wrote:

@cherry me too.  Love a good rainy day especially when it's warm.  Love the sun too, but there's nothing better than snuggling under the covers with something good to read while hearing raindrops. ☔⚡

What's rain? LOL

(living in Tx)

Honored Contributor

@SharkE  hereis a link to the biological terror attack hat happend in 1984..it's worth reading

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_Rajneeshee_bioterror_attack

Honored Contributor

OMG ! Wonder why I never heard of that ? What kind of  people are we all

living amongst ? Then, people wonder about 'stuff in national headlines and moves to prevent it' is the best way I can put it without starting a flame and getting it poofed.

Interesting article, shaking my head.

giphy2.gif

Respected Contributor

Hi cherry,glad you are back to posting and feeling better. I am so tired of summer, nothing but triple digit temps and fires all over our state..There won't be any fall colors as everything is scorched. On a happy note we didn't lose our home or our lives as some have, so we are blessed. Have fun at the movies!