Super Contributor

My nic, "catchersmom" is from several years ago when my daughter began playing that position in softball. It's a bit outdated, and I am eventually going to change it.

You guys have some of the neatest (for lack of a better word) nics! Very creative.

Anyway, wanted to ask if there is a best way to share when you've changed your name? I don't want anyone to think i am being dishonest or sneaky, but I am definitely going to be changing it somewhere down the road. As soon as the muse strikes me.

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Respected Contributor

I've seen people add a signature line that says, "formerly so and so".  

Honored Contributor

You can add your old nic to a signature line.  OTOH,  you have so few posts, I wouldn't worry about it.

Trusted Contributor

I think it is a cute "nic!"  I would keep it as a memory of your daughter's softball days!!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I've seen people add "fomerly...." until other posters become familiar with the new nickname.

Super Contributor

Thanks you guys. Everyone has been very kind/helpful here, it is appreciated.

I think what got me started thinking about it was the poster named "Sister Golden Hair Surprise". It's one of my favorite songs, and it's also close to the nickname I have for my cat (Mr. Golden Hair Surprise...he's a very long haired, golden/orange persian mix).

Super Contributor

figured out the signature thing, woohoo!

on a roll now Smiley Very Happy