Valued Contributor

Re: can you imagine living in a 90,000 sq ft home?

Right now, my ideal home would be a ranch-style duplex style, or at least two separate wings. Since I live with my father, I'd be close enough to check on him, but have more delineated separate space and privacy. Oh, and someone else to help me clean. I can't keep up as it is.
Esteemed Contributor

It is beautiful and certainly not an eyesore. Middle Eastern families are large, the family is well known so a lot of parties and for house guests, the would certainly have privacy. In NYC, people from the Middle East are buying most of the hotels so I imagine homes are big in say Arabia as they have a lot of space....I don't feel sorry for the Hollywood types; they are just spoiled and most likely jealous someone has the funds to afford something better than their mansions. It isn't destroying the neighborhood and if it were a luxury hotel, it would be no issue. Would I want it? Maybe if I had the money and obviously staffing the mansion would be no issue. I would have room for lots of pets
Respected Contributor

@NC Bandwagon wrote:

Hello, cherry. Smiley Happy

The homes are lovely, but honestly......what does one do if their bedroom is all the way on the left wing of the house and the bathrooms are located on the right wing of the house? The eletric and water bills must be sky high. Smiley LOL

I'm sure this house has a bunch of bathrooms, probably one off of each bedroom.  They wouldn't have a wing without a bath.

Respected Contributor

Now where did I put my car keys?
Esteemed Contributor

90,000 sq. feet?

I wouldn't want to live in 10,000 sq. feet!

Re my previous thread, "Could you live in a shack," I like small and cozy.

Can you imagine the real estate taxes on something like that - not to mention utilities - you could have a family of squatters in there and not even know it!  LOL!

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:
Now where did I put my car keys?

With that kind of square footage, I would be worried about finding the car! . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Not me, even if I had zillions of dollars.  Monstrosities like that aren't homes, they are tacky displays of wealth.  We raised our girls in huge, 10 room colonial.   Once they were out of college and on their own, hubby and I couldn't wait to downsize.   We aren't big house people.  

Esteemed Contributor

I agree, it would be like living in a museum!  Yuck

Honored Contributor

gaudy and gross

I don't wany anymore house than what I have.  My house is about 2800 square feet plus a basement, and I want less!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Re: can you imagin living in a 90,000 sq ft home?

@Vamp wrote:

Dazzling? Gaudy more like it. Impressive, I suppose, much like Versailles is impressive, but I don't find it attractive at all...

So, to answer your question, no, I wouldn't ever entertain the thought of living in something that huge. So wasteful and pointless, really. IF I had that kind of money and felt the pull to build a large building, it would be a modest home for myself and a large facility for the homeless.

ITA

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"