Trusted Contributor

Re: can you imagine living in a 90,000 sq ft home?

[ Edited ]

My home is 1800 SF.... hard enough to clean. Do not want bigger... just smaller at this point in my life!  I think these people who have such huge homes are just wasteful and over the top with spending. Gosh do with less.... help other people in need... do something worthwhile that makes you feel good. Who needs 17 bathrooms??!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I'd rather have three smaller homes in different parts of the world than one humongous home.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

The Saudi prince might have extended family living with him, but I wonder how many are just 1 family residence's? These are more like palaces than homes. I suppose they could be green, but  I'm thinking, I wouldn't want to pay their utility bills

Super Contributor

It looks like a hotel.

I would say there would be too much upkeep.  Plus, there's the aging factor... getting lost in one's home is not impossible in a place like this. Smiley Very HappySmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

NO! We can barely keep up with this house. I want to live in a 1 floor, 2 bedroom, 1 bath house! But we wont be moving. The house is soon paid off and we are not starting over.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

I think that if someone can afford a 90,000 foot home, upkeep is not an issue for them - they just hire people!

I wouldn't want a 90,000 foot home, but I would love to have smaller homes, scattered around the world.  

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Overkill! It's all about ego and narcissism.

ETA: I wonder if these folks give any of their fortune to charity?!
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
Just wasteful. Just a case of too much money and ego. I wouldn't want that in my neighborhood. I don't blame them for complaining. There goes their privacy.

I would love a few houses in different parts of the world though and they can be small, I wouldn't mind. Lol
Respected Contributor

In my opinion, she, aniston doesn't need an 8500 sq ft home either, so she's a bit of a hypocrit to be criticizing others. How many kids does she have? None. So she's rattling around in all that space that she doesn't need for herself or her boyfriend of the moment.
Honored Contributor

Can't even begin to imagine the cost of furnishing the mansions.