Honored Contributor

has turned more of a rust color.......still pretty cloudy.......now i can see a sliver of bright white in the lower left hand side.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Well, did hubby and I miss an opporunity - lol!

Turns out we had the best viewing deck for the blood moon. Some neighbors had walked up to a clearing area across from our house and we just invited them all over to our deck. We have a totally clear East-facing view.

Now, if I'd have thought this out ahead of time, we could have charged $10 a head, with some wine and snacks. Probably could safety hold about 15 - 20 ppl. So we could have made at least $100 smackers! :-)

That was a cool eclipse. We watched the whole thing. The moon is back to it's usual bright self now and glowing right over us.

We were so fortunate to have a perfect night to watch this.

Honored Contributor

It was too cloudy for us to see the blood moon tonight, too bad we'll probably be dead in 2033 next time around.

Honored Contributor
Thick, dark grey clouds rolled in around 5 pm yesterday afternoon. Never rolled back out so I didn't see the blood moon.
There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Good thing about Tx. no clouds hardly ever. Coming from Ind. it's a treat !

I stood out there for hr and about broke my neck. LOL Couldn't get a shot from my tablet of the cinnamon moon but the white moon was huge starting out till it disappeared and when it came back out it was in various stages of cinnamon till it was a full cinnamon moon !

Lovely !

Honored Contributor

We watched the moon as we were sitting around a campfire with our neigbors last night and it was bright white. I have never in all my 66 years seen a red moon, except in pictures. We could see the eclipse as one side of the moon got dark, and the moon looked lopsided.

Honored Contributor
@SharkE
To paraphrase Smaugs siggy, quit yer braggin lol
There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: blood moon eclipse

[ Edited ]

Cool! Glad we were able to see it.

Honored Contributor

Re: blood moon eclipse

[ Edited ]

It was cool. Only a short time, it was red. Last night it was so bright (after the red was gone). Looked like the nights in Alaska.

Honored Contributor

Facebook-20150928-090713.jpg

This was what the moon looked like last night over Lake Michigan.  It's my daughter's view from campus.