Honored Contributor

I know others have talked here about this, it  just happened to me.  What the heck?????  How does this happen?  If I wanted Windows 10, I'd have uploaded it myself. 

Earlier this morning all of a sudden out of nowhere, here comes Windows 10 uploading on my laptop.  I don't like it, it's like starting to learn how to use a laptop all over again!!!!!

What makes Windows think I want this update?  After so long they just automatically do this?  This just stinks! 

Trying to figure out where everything is now. My homepage changed, I can't flip through themes to choose my own, or at least I can't figure out how to flip through themes. I can download different theme group but I can't flip thru pic to choose one - anybody know how to do this by chance?

How happy are yo now with Windows 10?  I'm betting not real happy at all.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: auto upload of windows 10

I was resistant to changing to Windows 10, too, but once I did, I was, and am, happy with it.

If you can figure out how to use a smart phone, you can figure out how to use Windows 10.

Respected Contributor

Mine dowloaded overnight a week ago. When I hit the "next" page, I declined to accept the terms and Windows 8 was put back on.

Honored Contributor

They keep threatening me  about auto download and so far I have been able to stop it. I hate the fact that they continue to threaten me though when they know I do not want it. 

I also noticed that today when I had to renew my MSM Premium account, that is jumped in price from last year of $59.95 a year to $89.95 a year.  They are gouging$$$$ me on one account and threatening me with download of 10 on the other... of course NO HUMAN TO SPEAK TO ABOUT IT. 

Respected Contributor

I chose to update to Windows 10 myself, had all the necessary updates to my Win. 8.1, and it went smoothly, my old desktop, homepage, and everything was just the same, photos, themes, everything.

I like it much better than Windows 8.1, which was much better than 8; it's faster, easier, more nice features.  There are many tutorials that arrive with it, or you can find them online, but exploring and figuring it all out was easy.

Esteemed Contributor

My automatic upgrade happened yesterday. I haven't sat to work through it and see if I like it or not but I didn't want it either but I guess I'll deal with it later. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've had it about a year.  No major problems after figuring out where things are, like settings.  I disabled all those apps, cortana, and never use their cloud or one account.

I always use firefox browser.  Basically, its still my same old windows computer, I use it mostle for Office.

Valued Contributor

Mostly.  I sure will be glad when the edit works again.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD, your computer must be set for automatic updates.,like mine was. I resisted windows 10 for months as a download notice kept popping up daily.Then one day it  told me that it would automaticly update on monday at 11pm. I did not want it. Everyone I know and my computer teck says it is not good for our old computers

My son had his office  computer teck come in and go over my computer. He said first you download  windows 10 then erase it. right now, for a while they are trying to get many to get it free but in the future you will have to pay for add ons and such.

He got rid of it for me ,cleaned everything up and I am good to go now!

Go to your settings and if you can delete your automatic downloads.

He told me windows 10 will be fine on the next computer I buy......by then another version will be in style as I do not intend to buy a new computer in the near future....lol.....................but anyway in a new computer that comes with Windows 10 it would be good but not in our older ones. hope this helps a little

Honored Contributor

We've ignored Windows 10 at home as well but it automatically upgraded us all of a sudden too.

I've not upgraded at work but I'm wondering if it's automatically going to upgrade eventually?