Honored Contributor

Re: any shortages or sold out in your stores?

I am heading to the grocery store in a while but have no plans to stock up on anything. If they have bleach I will pick up a gallon since I use it for laundry and to clean toilets.
Esteemed Contributor

@Caligurll wrote:

Actually I wonder if the LOLers aren't themselves doing what they are criticizing others for doing.  It's easy to look unconcerned behind a keyboard when in reality you are just as concerned as those you are criticizing and overbuying items that are important to you, whether it's hand sanitizer, water, food, bleach, etc.

Not in my case, though I'm not an LOLer and haven't criticized anyone for doing whatever it is they feel they need to do. I am, however, behind a keyboard, genuinely unconcerned, and have no plans to buy bleach, hand sanitizer, or bottled water. I will, of course, be buying tp but only in the quantities I normally do. 

Other than what I read here this subject is not even on my radar but I do have sympathy for people who tend toward panic and especially those who have pre-existing medical conditions that leave them more vulnerable. That has to be rough.

Not to change the subject, but some of the paper towels I've bought recently have been thin enough that they could possibly double as tp if it ever did become necessary. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise. Smiley Happy

Image result for cutting paper towels in half

Esteemed Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Caligurll wrote:

Actually I wonder if the LOLers aren't themselves doing what they are criticizing others for doing.  It's easy to look unconcerned behind a keyboard when in reality you are just as concerned as those you are criticizing and overbuying items that are important to you, whether it's hand sanitizer, water, food, bleach, etc.

Not in my case, though I'm not an LOLer and haven't criticized anyone for doing whatever it is they feel they need to do. I am, however, behind a keyboard, genuinely unconcerned, and have no plans to buy bleach, hand sanitizer, or bottled water. I will, of course, be buying tp but only in the quantities I normally do. 

Other than what I read here this subject is not even on my radar but I do have sympathy for people who tend toward panic and especially those who have pre-existing medical conditions that leave them more vulnerable. That has to be rough.

Not to change the subject, but some of the paper towels I've bought recently have been thin enough that they could possibly double as tp if it ever did become necessary. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise. Smiley Happy

Image result for cutting paper towels in half

@SusieQ_2   Just don't try to flush the paper towels! They clog toilets! 

Esteemed Contributor

@1Snickers , thanks for the heads up (pun intended). 

No flushing? Guess I'll have to reconsider my options, lol. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I was in the supermarket yesterday - no shortages.  Shelves were well stocked.

Just came back from Walgreen's .... same there.

Respected Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

People are stocking up on water, food and other items because they have been advised to by public health officials---not because they are overreacting.

See for yourself and decide whether the recommendations make  sense if you or your family get sick and need to stay home for a while...........

https://www.ready.gov/pandemic

______

Thanks for posting this.  I have everything I need already stocked . When I use something, it is replenished. I am always prepared I suppose. One used=One replenished is how I roll.  

To all of the hoarders, I guess I don't believe in this! If I were to go into a Costco where all of the panic took place, I would be tempted to stand at the entrance/exit and say "Hey Chicken Little, the sky is not falling!"  

I just bought a mega roll of Charmin Strong at Costco when it was on sale, well before the Corona situation!  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just got back from Walmart Grocery and it wasn't very crowded and the shelves were stocked.

As I was checking out I noticed some apples left in a bag from a previous shopper and the girl was like oh well.

I hate the turn table bagging thing and when I got home I had some hamburger I didn't buy.

I always check the bags before I leave to make sure I get them all.

QVC Customer Care

Valued Contributor

Monday Walmart was out of the sanitizer type of products. Today the paper items were half gone.I'm in Tampa.The crazy has started.

Valued Contributor

@Silver Lining People are prepping for hyunkering down at home for 2 weeks.It is a smart thing to do.