QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Valued Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@segrl21 wrote:

The last 3 orders I've ordered with them hasn't shipped and was cancelled. Seems like this is becoming the norm. I have another one that just got an e-mail it was late shipping and do I still want to keep the order. Know this one will be cancelled as well. Part of me thinks this is a slick scam they're pulling off. By taking money off of your card and then wait till the next month to cancel it because the product really doesn't exist. The reason it seems scammy to me, the same product they cancel will often pop up in another sale. Same size, same color and everything. Why would they put the product back up when they cancel it and says its no longer available ?They have been very shady lately and when my next order is cancelled, I'm deleting my account with them.

@segrl21

I'm guessing you don't know the way Zulily works.

They don't have all that stuff on hand.  When you place an order, they send notice to the vendor to ship it to them.  When they receive what you ordered, they send it to you.

Sometimes THE VENDORS are late and don't send it on time.  It isn't Zulily.

The reason you may see it later is that it FINALLY comes in.

I do know how it works and have ordered from them since the beginning, when they were a much smaller company. Also have a very good friend that works for them. Their customer service was very different than it is now. I rarely ever had orders canceled until recently, when their financial troubles began.  Before this last year, I had one order canceled and probably ordered from them at least once a month. I'm not the only complaint of how they are canceling tons of orders only for same products to be back up a few days later. Never had a problem with their slow shipping and know its due to how they stock in their warehouse. Understand the product company may not send out the order for shipment to their warehouse. My big problem with them is recently they have canceled multiple orders only to place that same product back up for sale. If they don't have the product, the company has a history of not sending the product, they shouldn't put it back up for sale only to repeatedly keep canceling orders for the product. 

Honored Contributor

@segrl21 wrote:

I do know how it works and have ordered from them since the beginning, when they were a much smaller company. Also have a very good friend that works for them. Their customer service was very different than it is now. I rarely ever had orders canceled until recently, when their financial troubles began.  Before this last year, I had one order canceled and probably ordered from them at least once a month. I'm not the only complaint of how they are canceling tons of orders only for same products to be back up a few days later. Never had a problem with their slow shipping and know its due to how they stock in their warehouse. Understand the product company may not send out the order for shipment to their warehouse. My big problem with them is recently they have canceled multiple orders only to place that same product back up for sale. If they don't have the product, the company has a history of not sending the product, they shouldn't put it back up for sale only to repeatedly keep canceling orders for the product. 

Thanks for the additional information @segrl21

I did have it happen to me once.  I'd ordered Jelly Belly sugar-free as a gift and later got an email saying they did not receive the item, did I want to wait or cancel.  Since I wanted it for Easter, I called in to cancel.  The customer service person said they had just received it that day and they would send them to me free of charge, meaning shipping and the cost of the item, plus a credit for my trouble.

I have ordered numerous things from them and never had anything cancelled.  I agree, if the company has a history of not filling orders, they should drop it.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@KALLIE wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Just got a large box of Zulily finds this morning, all were in perfect condition.  I'm gathering things for an upcoming birthday: tee shirt, fun earrings, a book and two really nice tablecloths for me.  Oh, and a summer tote.  And a good quality ring for my girl.

I think the thing to do is order brand names you are familiar with, Quaker Factory was on the other day, and Or Paz, as mentioned.  You take a chance with the cheap but fun jewelry, but they will always give you a refund.

I know I have trouble anywhere finding shoes that work for me, so I stay away from that.  I have ordered about 4 tablecloths from them and they are always good quality. 

WRONG - read post #17.

@KALLIE

No, YOU are wrong.

I spoke there specifically about the inexpensive jewelry which can and does arrive broken.  I've mentioned that before.  It happened with three pieces I ordered, and Zulily gave me a refund AND a $5 apology credit for each piece.

I would expect any company to refund money if an item arrives damaged.  But in your post above, you didn't mention the items were damaged, you just said they will always give you a refund and that's not the case.

I posted the refund policy in my post above.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva

I mentioned it twice before in earlier posts about Zulily.

They will also issue a refund if they sent the wrong item or color, etc.

Honored Contributor

Maybe it's timing or the luck of the draw but  2 times I've had issues.

The first time I was offered a Zulily credit and I would pay return postage.  I chose to keep the item and donate it as by the time I paid return postage, it was hardly worth it.

The second time I was offered a replacement, told to keep the original item and offered a $10 credit.

No refund was offered.

My DIL orders frequently.  I know she has been asked (I cannot say how many times) to send a picture of the damaged merchandise.  She never returned the items and was given a replacement when available or a Zulily credit. Again, no refund.

Respected Contributor

I refuse to do business with companies that do not give a refund.

A refund and a credit are two different things.  I don't want a credit.  I want my money back. LOL

Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

I refuse to do business with companies that do not give a refund.

A refund and a credit are two different things.  I don't want a credit.  I want my money back. LOL

@bri20

For the record, that's what I got... my money back.  Immediately, back to the charge card I used.

But when they make a mistake or there is damage, you not only get your money back right away, you ALSO get a credit, from $5 to $10 per item in my experience, that will be automatic on your next purchase.

It's their way of apologizing for your inconvenience, as they say.

Trusted Contributor

I have had great experiences with Zulily, and bad.

Whenever I have ordered and something was broken, they refunded me and gave me a $10 or $15 credit to use in the future.

Since they are now owned or affiliated with QVC, the packaging has become a lot better and I have not had a breakage. I have, however, really cut back on my spending there...I am not happy about their brands lately, and all I am seeing is an outlet for QVC brands.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I received an order from Zulily today.  At the bottom of the box were a pair of Muk Luk sandals not in a shoe box.  On top of them were 5 large Goose Creek candles (ordered 5/7), 3 of which were broken. They were wrapped in bubble wrap but apparently not enough.  The sandals were flattened and smell like scented candles. There were 2 Samuel B rings and 1 pair of earrings.  The rings were described as garnet and moonstone eternity bands but have only moonstones.

I called Zulily and was offered a replacement for the candles and sandals.  I agreed to the sandals but said I was hesitant to have more candles sent.  I was then offered a Zulily credit.  The rings are no longer available and again was offered a Zulily credit. I am keeping them.  I asked for a refund (for the candles) to my Pay Pal account.  I was told only a supervisor can issue a refund.  I asked for a supervisor.  I was told they were all busy and I could wait or have a return call.

It's been over 2 hours and I'm still waiting.