Honored Contributor

Zappos class action settlement?

I received an email overnight.  It says it's from Zappos regarding a class action settlement.  That I was a customer in January, 2012 and that, for the settlement, I'm entitled to 10% a purchase before the end of this year.  

I don't ever click on any links on emails like that, but the email contained a coupon code for me to use.  Timely because I was thinking about placing an order with them today so I'll try it.

Anyone else get an email from them regarding the class action?

I have to admit that even at 5:30 AM, I giggled a little bit when I saw the "settlement" was 10% off.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: Zappos class action settlement?

I did not, but I have been a customer forever so I'll be on the lookout for it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

I also got that email.

Esteemed Contributor

Is thier anyway to verify this before you click on anything? 1-800-927-7671

this is the customer service number. I hope I was allowed to post that. But please it takes a few minutes just verify. 

Honored Contributor

I rarely buy from Zappos but I did yesterday early in the evening...well wouldn't you know that a few hours after I ordered I received the email with the discount.  I'm going to try and call them today to see if I can use it for yesterday's purchase.

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I received an email overnight.  It says it's from Zappos regarding a class action settlement.  That I was a customer in January, 2012 and that, for the settlement, I'm entitled to 10% a purchase before the end of this year.  

I don't ever click on any links on emails like that, but the email contained a coupon code for me to use.  Timely because I was thinking about placing an order with them today so I'll try it.

Anyone else get an email from them regarding the class action?

I have to admit that even at 5:30 AM, I giggled a little bit when I saw the "settlement" was 10% off.

Sounds like a gimmic to get you to buy.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I received the email. I copied and pasted the code and went directly to the Zappos website (I didn't click on anything in the email).  I placed an order and received the 10% discount.   I ordered an item that I was going to order from QVC ... and paid less for it on Zappos with no shipping and handling fee. 

Honored Contributor

I have bought from zappos for at least 10 years and got no e mail

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Google has info.

Honored Contributor

I just used my 10% code, LOL. Better than nothing. I ordered two pairs of Toms shoes for me and a pair of Birkenstock Arizona's for my stepson for Christmas. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?