Super Contributor

Your response clearly indicates that you're just jealous of Kim

I peeked at Kim Kardashian's facebook page and there are more "haters" on there leaving comments than fans. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

You don't have to "like" her page to have permission to post.

Her fans response to all of the negative posts is that the "haters" are just "jealous" of her. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Her fans are getting into nasty fights with the "haters" but every one of her fans are blaming jealousy.

So my question is: If you dislike someone does this mean you're jealous of them?{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor

Re: ""Your response clearly indicates that you're just jealous of Kim""

I think Britney Spears said that, too. We're all just jealous. And JLo.

Super Contributor

I'm jealous of Honey Boo Boo and Kate plus 8.

Respected Contributor

They could be right. If I merely dislike someone, I simply avoid them. I don't have the inclination to post hateful things about them, especially on their own pages.

The fact that people hate another human so much that they take the time out of their busy days and away from their families and go to specific pages to post hate, tells me that there's a lot more going on in their heads than merely dislike.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
New Contributor

Sounds like this forum. People arguing over celebrities and other infamous people who could not care less of their loyalties.

In answer to your question heck no! If I dislike someone it's because of their BEHAVIOR, not because of what they have or how they look.

Honored Contributor

Absolutely not!

That's just the typical come back to make Kim, etc. feel superior.

I posted once here about helping the less fortunate - I was accused of being poor, lazy and JEALOUS of successful people.

It's a common taunt from unimaginative people.

Super Contributor

No, I usually dislike someone because they are fake, superficial, uneducated, obtuse, unkind... lots of reasons, but rarely anything to be jealous of. I admire beauty, kindness and intelligence, so if someone was prettier than me or more talented than me, I would have respect and aspire to do better, not be jealous. I suppose some people do hate out of jealously, but both are wasted emotions.

Respected Contributor

I think I was about 10 years old the last time I was jealous.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Respected Contributor

It wouldn't surprise me that haters have a deep want for something their target has. Some serious self reflection might make them aware of what is really going on in their heads.

It could fall somewhere between a blatant jealousy to a simple longing and subsequent resentment that gets expressed in an unhealthy way.

The viciousness can get seriously sick -- worse than anything the targets do or have done.

Honored Contributor

People here say the same thing. We have to approve of the Royals, Beyonce, Brangelina, George Clooney and others or ELSE, lol.