Honored Contributor

Re: Your child gets into MIT....

To me, expecting a parent to fork over   1/4 of a million  is an expectation  of entitlement. If they decided to do it themselves ,more power to them

If you are wealthy enough to pay for this ,without living a life entirely devoted to satisfying all of your children's desires, good for you

In my home it would have been an  entitled  expectation

Esteemed Contributor

There's a diffrence between buying your child a Ferrari (entitlement), and helping them go to a college, such as MIT, which can pay dividends well in to the future.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

There is no way my child would get a Ferrari, either. We have an excellent big 10 college   almost next door..

You could put my kids down anywhere and they would both be able to support themselves just fine

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 

Back at you my friend. I told of my experiences and as close as possible with my very good "long term memory". Met men from around the world, not just our country.

Our city's close proximity to, what use to be SAC Headquarters(where George W. Bush) landed first on 9-11-01.  I am not sure of it's name now as it seemed to change(my short term memory), not the best. Anyways, that is why I met so many Officers in the US Air Force, way more than non-combat, for some reason. Becoming a Pilot/Navigator, or Radio Tech on the AWAC airplanes, most were Majors/LT Colonels, or Full Bird Colonels, highly educated.

Am always happy to hear success stories from those with the higher ed world, and/or from my unskilled worker world. If anyone deserves to be happy it would be you. You obviously raised your children the way I every parent did the same.

Not married 44 years, but together for 47 last February. I hope you are doing well at the present. I don't  know that I  didn't  meet an ivy league graduate, but I  did meet many with big name college degrees.

Be well,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

This has been an interesting thread to follow but it, sadly, took a ugly turn away from my orignal question. Thank you all for your thoughts and opinions. 

QVC Customer Care

This thread is now closed for commenting...