Esteemed Contributor

I heard this for the first time yesterday which left me shaken.

The youngest 9/11 victim, 2 and a half, was on a trip to Disneyland when the plane hit the South Tower, killing the oldest victim,  a 79 year old maintenance worker for Morgan Stanley.

Respected Contributor

It was an absolutely beautiful September morning.  Very much like this year.  I left for work to a normal day. I walked into work to " a second jet just hit the World Trade Center."  Then the Pentagon was hit.  then the crash in shanksville. Reality took a giant step sideways that day.  The fear that there would be More in Everyones mind.  The feeling of helplessness if you knew someone who worked in one of those buildings and didn't yet know their fate.  The obvious military presance around town and government buildings.  Never saw so many fighter jets overhead as I did for the next couple of days.  the subway was closed.  It was all that was on the T.V.  The ominous sight of cars left in parkinglots that owners would Never return for was one way they knew who might be entombed in the rubble.  The devistation in the eyes of hospital workers who were  told to get ready for massive numbers of trauma patients....when those numbers Never arrived.  No one to save...   I remember.  I will always remember. 

Esteemed Contributor

My husband used to travel a lot (before the virus from China devastated our business).  He had just gotten back the day before, flying from the Newark airport no less.  So he had decided to take that Tuesday off.  We both took our 3 year old son to preschool and heard about it on the radio.  After dropping off our son, we drove right to a nearby Target.  Years ago, Target used to sell TVs.  So we went to the TV department and up there on the wall, all TVs were turned to video of the airplane crashing into one of the towers.

I will never forget, looking at the young male employee working there.  He was not looking at the TVs and seemed totally oblivious to what was going on.  We went home after there.

We used to live close to the Cleveland, OH, airport.  When we picked up our son from preschool, there was concern about possible events at that airport.  Don't remember exactly what the issue was there.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead