Trusted Contributor

Re: Your Driver's License Photo - Does it Still Look Like You?

I like that pic!

---

No, I don't think it looks like me. My hair is shorter and much darker. I guess the face is the same, but I'm not so sure a stranger would recognize it as me with the way I look now.

Super Contributor

Funny you should ask this, as I was just thinking I might need to have mine renewed with new information and picture.

When the pic was taken about 8 years ago I was almost 100 lbs. overweight. I lost the weight about 6 years ago, so no my picture does not look anything like me now.

I recently had cataract surgery on my left eye and will have the right eye done in two. weeks. Have worn glasses since 2nd grade. My left eye is now showing perfect vision, so when I have my right eye done I probably won't need glasses but my driver's license says I do. Once I am done with all surgery, if vision is normal, I will for sure need to get that taken off of my license.

Vicki{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

On 11/1/2014 terrier3 said:

My county DMV office (county clerk) now lets you approve the photo...you can have as many "takes" as you need to get a picture you like.

LOL- The clerk actually didn't like the picture,( I think my eyes were closed) and reshot it a couple of times till she was happy ! I like how my picture came out and yes I think it looks like me. She had me look and approve the photo- she was so sweet. I did not know you could approve the picture till I had my renewal.

Super Contributor

Hate mine and now I have to live with it for at least 8 years. Rates right up there with my Costco picture.... look like a corpse.

Honored Contributor

Yes. Mine isn't bad. The one before this was so bad, I seriously thought about "losing" my license so I could get a new picture.

There are no redos here. You get what you get.