Honored Contributor

@nana59

My seats were all white leather and nobody, even my now wife, got in that car with food or and drink. Inside I kept as new when it was sold as when I received it from the factory dealership.

Of course I added my usual sound system. Eight speakers/reostats to adjust each one/reverberator Front Sides and Back/4 channel 8- track tape player(was the best True Surround Sound System in most those years). Also added my own Custom Chrome Wheels, 2 different brands. One was Keystone, not 100% sure of the other, as I had many different types on my Race Cars over the almost 20 years I raced.

Your husband is much less particular than I when it came to any, and all, of my Factory Ordered new cars. Mine were all, going back to my 1960 T-Bird: No Smoking/No Eating/No Drinking, gender did not matter to me. My cars were a precious commodity to me, and still are to this day.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@nana59

My seats were all white leather and nobody, even my now wife, got in that car with food or and drink. Inside I kept as new when it was sold as when I received it from the factory dealership.

Of course I added my usual sound system. Eight speakers/reostats to adjust each one/reverberator Front Sides and Back/4 channel 8- track tape player(was the best True Surround Sound System in most those years). Also added my own Custom Chrome Wheels, 2 different brands. One was Keystone, not 100% sure of the other, as I had many different types on my Race Cars over the almost 20 years I raced.

Your husband is much less particular than I when it came to any, and all, of my Factory Ordered new cars. Mine were all, going back to my 1960 T-Bird: No Smoking/No Eating/No Drinking, gender did not matter to me. My cars were a precious commodity to me, and still are to this day.

hckynut(john)

forgot to mention the most important part of that episode.....we were newlyweds traveling to MS to start married life!!  guess that's why he let me live to tell that story 47 years later!!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

1st car was Chevy Nova. loved that car. didn't purchase a car till after dh and i got married in '70.  that car followed us east coast to west coast, then we had to sell it, had to move to hawaii and knew the car wouldn't make it on the roads they had overthere. Miss that car, it was such a good car.

Honored Contributor

1974 Spirit of America Nova.   

Respected Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

1964 Pontiac GTO.....4 sp......and I've driven "muscle cars" ever since............

@Desertdi

Whoa!  Way to go!  Love muscle cars.

We attended the auction on Treasure Island, just after the close of the "Nash Bridges" television series and they had his 2 yellow Barracudas on the block.  The one Don Johnson actually drove and one non-operational one they used for still shots.  I wanted that car sooooo bad.  And, it went for a measely $35k!  We did not come prepared with a line of credit.  Darn!

My husband has a 71 Cuda..340 3 speed...fun ride!!

Honored Contributor

@lulu1  Thank you, and yes you are right, what a story that was. I loved that car too, Volvos built like tanks for the winter. FOr as old as it was, mine had great features too - crank open sun roof, 4door sedan, heated driver's seat, all black leather interior.

I got my car back and it had a big old thumb print by Nick on my rear view mirror!!!!!!  I never wiped it clean either!!!

When the movie was released, the theatres were absolutely packed of course mostly with all of those school aged kids they hired to be in it. And as you can imagine, I also had my then live-in hubby to be, and 8 of our closest friends in the audience. Every time any group or single someone saw themselves stood up and cheered or gave a shout out 'there I am, there I am"!!!!!  Well, when my car drove up I stood and yelled out, "my car, my car, Nick's driving my car"!!!!

Wow what a hoot, and such a FUN FUN TIME!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: You and Your First Car

[ Edited ]

@sfnative

Here is another pix of me waiting a drag strip with my new 1961 Ford Starliner Muscle Car. It was a 352cu.in and rated at 390hp with 4 barrel carb, and 401hp when I added the 3x2 triple carbs.

Also the very front end of my 1950 Merc that was "Mr. Clean" number 1. Raced both cars that day.  The new Ford was in the Top Stock Class, and my Merc was in the very Bottom Stock Class. Jumped from car to car and had to remember which one I was driving when at the starting line. Had the 390hp in one and 95hp in the other. Whew!!

Typical me:

1 reduced.jpg

JOhn

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Re: You and Your First Car

[ Edited ]

My first car happened late in life, age 37, when I moved to South FL, which has no public transit to speak of, in the later 1980s.  It was a 79 Toyota Celica, and a really good car overall, but it was a little like a cat, in that it did not like low pressure systems. In wet weather it would slow down to 5 mph.  (The carburator didn't like being wet.) 

I looked all over for an old Kodak of me as a toddler and my first soul-mate car, a mid-50s buick ((black, with the side-vents) that my dad had just purchased. 

At the same time, my grandmother had just given me a handmade velvet coat, hat, muff, and leggings with faux fur trim and I posed like a goddess before it. 

I was born around Christmas, so the car was probably a gift to my mother from my father, and the velvet suite a gift to me from my sweet and skillful grandmother.

The Buick gleamed, it glowed.  It lived almost forever, too.  Smiley Happy