Esteemed Contributor

You Know You're A Bad Singer When.....

your cat runs away when you start to sing.

That's exactly what happened to me.

My cat Charlie was laying in my lap, and I sarted to sing, "The Rose".

By the time I got to the second line, he was gone.

*lol*

Yeah, I'm not going to give up my day job, if my own cat can't stand to hear me sing! *lol*

Honored Contributor

Re: You Know You're A Bad Singer When.....

@Plaid Pants2 I know what you mean.  When my granddaughters were very young, I'd sing something to them and they'd say, "Grandma, please don't sing".

I didn't take it personally but laughed.  Then I started thinking about how my chorus teachers must have lied to me when I was in chorus.  Ha!

Honored Contributor

I love 'The Rose'

But,yeah, I hear you.    Every year I sing 'Happy Birthday to Ru' to the dog and he looks at me like 'really?'.   He tries to hang until I'm done but you can see that he's just being kind.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Song.jpg

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 LOL...I still believe  that you should ding your heart out no matter what.I have a terrible voice too and yet I continue.I love to give singing birthday wishes to friends and colleagues...some say it makes them happy to know they have one less coming.I sing in stores if they are playing a great song and once a lady told me to stop but I won't.We can't all be talented singers but we can still belt out a song if it makes us feel happy and so far no laws against it.

Honored Contributor

My mom had a terrible voice, and we always made fun of her, lovingly. What I wouldn't give to hear those off key Christmas songs that she loved to sing.🎄

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

My father and I are tone deaf.   I was constantly embarrassed in school by being made to sing up in front of the class.  Everyone was required to do this.   By 9th grad we all had to try out for chorus.   The best were chosen for private classes.  I told the music director I was tone deaf.  He was very understanding and told me not to worry as many people are Please just try a few lines.   I did as he asked.  He agreed and noted my records so that I would not be put in an embarrassing situation again.

I sing in the car with the windows up.   My Siberian husky and beagle always sang with me.   I got kisses so hopefully I didn't hurt their ears to much.   But maybe the kisses were to hush me up.  Hahaha

Esteemed Contributor

My one dog used to bark when I would start to sing.  I suppose you could say he was singing with me, but I knew he was really just protesting!  My other dogs would leave the room.  LOL  

Honored Contributor

Image result for laughing cat

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I know what you mean.  My dog runs downstairs and hides under the sofa.

Might not be my fault though.  I get the impression that in her last home they did a lot of yelling.  She runs to hide whenever she hears loud voices, even on the TV.