Honored Contributor

Re: You Know That Commercial with the Middle Aged Woman Boxing

@cotton4me -

Yes, exactly-those 3!

And that IS whats annoying with her-so forced and unnatural. "I'm doing this for this commercial and I'm supposed to look good and pleased with myself.
-not!

That Peleton with the annoying swooshing beat over and over-I can't get to the mute fast enough!

So glad it's not just me!Woman Happy

And lets not even talk about the Charmin!Woman Surprised

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

There is one commercial I can't stand.  It's the one for bad breath....where all you see are folks having their mouth open.....that is horrible.  Don't know the name of the mouth wash.  

Would like to comment on the OPDIVO commercial for treating cancer.....where folks are looking up toward the sky like all is good.   I underwent treatment with that for almost 4 years.....and boy did it play a number on me.  Had so many side affects, and finally my body got very run down.  No longer taking it, and am gradually getting my strength and appetite back.  Also went through radiation treatments which did me more good than the other treatments did.  

I don't care for any of those commercials where there are so many robots.  Liberty has some stupid commercials too.

Honored Contributor

Wow @ShowMe -

You have been through so much. I"m so sorry but so glad you are feeling better.

The looking up at the sky like all is good-I wonder what the heck are they looking at-

and it must be doubly annoying to you because you know the real effects!

Glad you made it through that!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach this I believe is Maye Musk, Elon Musk's mother
Respected Contributor

Why watch? I have never seen the woman that you describe, but I tune out as soon as an ad appears. I can’t imagine wasting my time watching a commercial, so I don’t understand why you do it, only to be annoyed. Makes no sense.

Honored Contributor

Well, sometimes I watch because I can't believe it is actually happening, then I start talking (loudly) to the tv.

Other times its like a trainwreck-can't look away.

Other times when I see which one is coming. I see how fast I can mute or turn the channel.

I have an exciting life that waySmiley HappyWoman LOL

Respected Contributor

Gosh, I hate that commercial too w/the woman boxing all over the place.  The only time she stops is when she's picking up her Rx in the drugstore.  Surprised she didn't slug her pharmacist.

One commercial that does intrigue me is for Unstoppables(?) - the laundry product that makes your clothes smell good - with the older lady dressed in pearls with the sour face and prim blouse and skirt sniffing the Unstoppables and looking directly into the camera and dancing and swaying around.  Then there is an Asian fellow in the shower and when he smells the product on his towel he starts swaying around and acting silly, and the Black fellow starts dancing and going gaga over the scent.  And the music played in the background is kind of 80's dance club 'DeLite' sounding music.

Another horrible commercial for me is the Subway commecial with the annoying girl who's wearing some sort of pre-lit eyelashes and dancing around in her bedroom and making odd sounds.  The music is almost as annoying as the girl, I have to mute it when it comes on. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Trusted Contributor

@ANewHue ,

You are right! That is Elon Musk's mother. I think she's beautiful.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay 

The commercials used to be clever, imaginative, funny or touching, these days I find 99.9% of them annoying...In particular the Pharmaĉuetical commercials..where you take a drug and your life is suddenly "perfect"...despite the non chalant and hurried side effect warnings --no big deal I guess that these same medications can cause cancer or an early death......

Thēn there's the annoying car commercials (and we all know Chevy was THE BEST ----they run the commercial so often---except for the people they find for the the commercial)

And yes the Liberty Mutual commercials are a source of annoyance..

Then there's the commercials with bratty kids.(Clorax, Bounty, Skippy, Lexus, Cascade.)..The worst is for Symbicort where the grandkids make snarky remarks because the grandfather has trouble breathing........

OR annoying millenials (Turbo Tax) comes to mind with that annoying woman and guy......

Geico one with Grandpa snoring to The Flight Of The Bumble Bee makes me want to spray my TV with bug repellent to make it go away...

Even the much ballyhooed Super Bowl commercials have been flops the last couple of years.....

I did enjoy Farmers Insurance with dogs synchronized swimmng, and distracting the mountain lion like a pet cat with a laser light.....

The only current ones I enjoy are the Subaru commercials featuring the Barkley family.....

download (2).jpg

And the NFL's 100th Anniversary commercial--done all in fun, no players got paid.....

download (3).jpg

Image result for 100th anniversary nfl commercial

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I can't stand the one with the squirrel just missing getting run over, I also can't stand the Liberty one with the guy with those horrible calves, also the one about Geico Insurance with the pig in tht back seat-so irritating. Also the Charmin one with the bear singing My Heiny's clean.....He is cute and all but it is just too much!

I do like The Farmer's Insurance ads though....I am so sick of pharmeceutical commercials as well-way too many of them.......