Respected Contributor

Re: Yet another commercial observation, Marie Osmond saying she is too young to be a first time grandma? Uh, she is 54.

I was in my forties when I FIRST became a grand ma..........I don't think what ever age you are, you think you're old enough to be a grandmother........it's not your age...it's the fact your kids are old enough to have kids that twists your knickers............................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Super Contributor

Re: Yet another commercial observation, Marie Osmond saying she is too young to be a first time grandma? Uh, she is 54.

I am 46 and will be a Grandma in a few months......I am thrilled!!

Respected Contributor

I didn't know Whoopi was a great grandmother, but I surely think 58 is young to be one! You, your child, and your grandchild were all less than 20 having children?
Valued Contributor

I was a grandma at 37 and a great grandma at 57. I have 4 grandsons....twins who are 25, one who is 15 and another is 6. I have a great granddaughter who is 5.

Trusted Contributor

I had just turned 38 when I became a grandmother. I'm 54 now--and that grand baby is driving! I loved being a young mom and I'm loving being a young grandma.
Honored Contributor

My neighbor was 75 before becoming a grandma!

Super Contributor

On 8/3/2014 CardinalGirl_ said: I had just turned 38 when I became a grandmother. I'm 54 now--and that grand baby is driving! I loved being a young mom and I'm loving being a young grandma.

I agree......I think it's sad how many Grandmas don't even want to be called Grandma. Do they want to wait until they are ancient?? LOL

I had my oldest son when I was 24. He is 22.....he got married 2 years ago and having a baby soon.

Esteemed Contributor

I was a grandmother at age 42. I now have 3 granddaughters. I feel blessed to be a grandmother and I am glad they will remember me once I am gone, and all the wonderful memories of our time together.

My Moms mom died at 28, my moms dad at 47 and my mom died at 51 (2 weeks after my son was born). It breaks my heart that my mom saw my son for only those 2 weeks (which he of course doesn't remember) and that she never got to see my daughter. The never got to know the WONDERFUL person my Mom was! And it breaks my heart that I never knew my grandparents on my Moms side!

So sorry but Marie needs to stop acting like this and feel grateful to be a grandmother in my opinion!!!!!!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

On 8/3/2014 VanSleepy said: I didn't know Whoopi was a great grandmother, but I surely think 58 is young to be one! You, your child, and your grandchild were all less than 20 having children?

She said that her granddaughter is 24 or 25, and gave birth to Whoopi's GGD quite recently. Whoopi seems thrilled, as she loves little kids.

Whoopi was in her late teens, I think, when she gave birth to her own daughter, Alex.

Honored Contributor

On 8/3/2014 Shorty2U said:

I was a grandmother at age 42. I now have 3 granddaughters. I feel blessed to be a grandmother and I am glad they will remember me once I am gone, and all the wonderful memories of our time together.

My Moms mom died at 28, my moms dad at 47 and my mom died at 51 (2 weeks after my son was born). It breaks my heart that my mom saw my son for only those 2 weeks (which he of course doesn't remember) and that she never got to see my daughter. The never got to know the WONDERFUL person my Mom was! And it breaks my heart that I never knew my grandparents on my Moms side!

So sorry but Marie needs to stop acting like this and feel grateful to be a grandmother in my opinion!!!!!!

No problem, as Marie often acts totally full of herself, even a bit arrogant at times. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}