Honored Contributor

Re: Yet another commercial observation, Marie Osmond saying she is too young to be a first time grandma? Uh, she is 54.

Elizabeth Taylor was a grandmother at 36 years old!

Honored Contributor

Re: Yet another commercial observation, Marie Osmond saying she is too young to be a first time grandma? Uh, she is 54.

I think it's great to be a young grand mom, and hopefully a young great-grand mom one day!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

On 8/3/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

Elizabeth Taylor was a grandmother at 36 years old!

I googled that and I could only find info that states she was 39 -

I posted on another thread that my MIL was also a GM at the age of 39. I don't think Whoopi is making any history either. 54 isn't that young to be a GGm.... IMO

Honored Contributor

I guess I'll never grow old because I'll never be a grandma.

Honored Contributor

Hi minky, Smiley Happy

I am 54 and way too YOUNG to be a grandma. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Hope everyone had a great Sunday.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Valued Contributor

On 8/3/2014 ShowMe said:

I'm tired of seeing her all the time. But do have to say he is one cute little baby.

By the way, one day she looked in the mirror and knew she had to do something...... That is a real laugh.......

Oh, I hear you. Those commercials get real old. Your last sentence is so true, though. While I think she is attractive, I'm sure she's had some "help" in staying that way LOL.

Respected Contributor

Young grandmothers include those whose daughters give birth at the age of 12 or 13 (when I taught junior high, this situation popped up frequently).

Super Contributor

I was 54 when my only grandchild was born (a girl). Love her more than life. Lots of people are grandmas much earlier. Someone I know decided that when she became a grandma she would be called Grandma Gorgeous. It wasn't me!!!! I wouldn't go that far. I am Grandma______ (my name).

Super Contributor

54 is not young.....wishfully thinking Marie....better go have another face lift.
Respected Contributor

Many years ago, I worked with a woman who was a GM at 34. She was a teenage mother and much to her dismay and sadness, so was her daughter. Now THAT is young.