Trusted Contributor

Re: Yes, Another Mask Thread. Open at Your Own Risk!

@porcelain   I've done plenty of research on Vitamin D3 and also have personal experience to know the benefits of vitamin D3.  While I don't believe D3 is a preventive or cure for covid-19 per se, D3 is definitely up there in important vitamins/supplements to take for one's general health in helping to avoid so many chronic illnesses.  One caveat however.  No one should be taking D3 indiscriminately without knowing what their current D3 levels are as it is a fat soluble vitamin and can be toxic if taken to excess.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

People against masks say "you can't tell me what I have to wear." Well, the law tells us to wear pants...

Trusted Contributor

@bunnygirlbrem wrote:

People against masks say "you can't tell me what I have to wear." Well, the law tells us to wear pants...

The big Mickey Mouse is going to wear a face mask.  

Maybe that will fire some brain synapses in the little Mickeys.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dereee  As you noted, we can't get into this discussion in any level of detail... I'm sure were we able to do so we'd find we both make some valid points and could find some common ground, but pretty clearly, not all of our differences of opinion would be resolved... My own opinion is there's enough 'blame' to go around for what appears to be less than ideal management of a highly challenging situation...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

My Governor (KY) just announced mandatory mask wearing everywhere in public (unless you are outside and able to maintain proper distance) as of 5 p.m. tomorrow.

I am curious if those in other states who have already had this mandate for awhile had noticed an increase in mask wearing in their area since the mandate went into effect.

Glad the mandate was passed.  Most in my area have been wearing masks.  But on a rare occasion when I had to run into a grocery store in another area of our county....the opposite was true.  From people I know that have relatives that work in that area, it is not uncommon for most people not to wear a mask inside the grocery store, Home Depot, etc.  So those employees are really glad to have the mandate as well.  They don't appreciate all kinds of people coming into the store without a mask.  Needless to say, I stick to my neck of the woods for grocery shopping.  That and the local hardware store we have here is the only place I go.  

Cases have ticked up again for us and I admit...it is discouraging.  But the virus isn't going to just stay in those states and areas that are on fire now.  We really did well and made such progress....   Sad.  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I was out and about over the last 2 days in several stores in my city and much to my surprise, everyone single person I saw had on a mask.  A couple stores had security at the entrance to ensure mask wearing but no one even attempted entrance without a mask.  Not one person came to the business and had a fit or went off about having to wear a mask.

My best friend was out Saturday in a shopping plaza, still in my county, and she said it was 50/50 with mask wearing and some stores did have a sign that said mask required but weren't enforcing it and other stores didn't say anything.

I went to pick up a pizza yesterday and even those who walked in to pick up an order were wearing a mask.     

Respected Contributor

@stuyvesant wrote:

@bunnygirlbrem wrote:

The big Mickey Mouse is going to wear a face mask.  

Maybe that will fire some brain synapses in the little Mickeys.

Really?  

Esteemed Contributor

Really?  Is there a law that tells us to wear pants?  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Really?  Is there a law that tells us to wear pants?  

Not sure, but many confuse a mandadate with law.  A mandate is not enforceable, all the person needs to say is they have a 'medical condition' and that ends it right there and then.