Honored Contributor

Wonder what is the best color of flower to put in a concrete pot on porch that looks good against a reddish colored house brick?

Bought these yellows today. Maybe blue ?

DSCN0082.JPG

Respected Contributor

I love to mix lots of different bright colors.  Yes, I think a lighter or brighter blue, or even a bright pink or red would work well.  You don't want anything that would get lost next to those bright yellow marigolds.  As long as you stick with brights, they will stand out against the brick!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

The orange marigolds with the darker trim are pretty too.  I have seen the orange ones w/darker trim mixed with red flowers and white flowers -- very pretty.  A florist did that combo.  I can hardly wait to buy my flowers this year.  Impatiens are definitely in the picture.  I have a deck and I will also hang a round cut out lantern I bought at Pottery Barn a few years ago and place the outdoor battery candle in it and hang from 2x4's above.  It's on a timer.  I am in an apt. but this year I will grow grape tomatoes at one end and possibly cucumbers.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I like multi colors in clustered groups.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Yellow marigolds

[ Edited ]

Was gonna put 'em in the white pot on porch. Figured bright yellow would be a stand out.

Honored Contributor

I've never had luck with any of the easy plants like marigolds, begonias, geraniums.

The only thing that ever grows like crazy for me are impatiens and I get too much sun out in the front of the house for those.

Honored Contributor

DSCN0083.JPG

DSCN0084.JPG

Decorative rock what they think is decorative in Tx. LOL

Respected Contributor

I love the bright yellow, it will lighten up the porch area. 

I think the one color is best. 

Respected Contributor

@SharkE  Marigolds need a sunny location to bloom.  Will they get enough on your porch?

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Yeah, in morning, sun hits the front of the house then travels around till I guess noon.

These pics was took at 1 and 2 shadows was sitting on the pointed rock LOL My shadow I guess.  We don't want for sun here in Tx. LOL