Valued Contributor

How long has QVC been selling yarn?  I just discovered it by accident.  I've never noticed  any crafting shows on QVC so never knew this existed.  On the down side, it's another place for a yarn junkie like me to spend money.   Don't know if I should laugh or cry.  :smileyhappy:

Honored Contributor

As a knitter, I never think to check QVC or HSN for yarn.  Also would not order in the amounts being offered.  I order either from Joann or Michael's and enouogh to get free shipping.

Honored Contributor

Did you look at the selection?  Not the kind of yarns I buy.

Honored Contributor

I just looked - odd

If they want to sell it - wouldn't it be promoted?

and why would they sell it?

I wonder what other things are lurking...

rolls of velcro?

jacks?

toothpicks?

bowling balls?

Honored Contributor

@Melzie   QVC has thousands of products, whole lines, that are never on the air.  The yarn is one of those.  I first noticed it about a year ago, although it could have been there longer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I can't say that I disagree with you, Alratiba.  I would buy this kind for an afghan but I was more surprised that they sell it at all. As another writer wrote, wonder what else is lurking on the Q website?     

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

As a knitter, I never think to check QVC or HSN for yarn.  Also would not order in the amounts being offered.  I order either from Joann or Michael's and enouogh to get free shipping.

It's an awful lot of knitting and crocheting you'd have to be doing!  By the time it got all got used up you'd never want to see that color again!

Valued Contributor

@Melzie, years ago QVC had many craft shows and craft days like HSN now has. They are the ones who drew me into the papercrafting world (where I still remain). They still continue to have crafts on their website but I no longer buy crafts from here. There are too many places with free shipping and other deals and QVC does not have deals IMO. But I hope you enjoy your shopping Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I would have to think there are better places to buy yarn that QVC, better selection and better prices.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead