Trusted Contributor

Re: YOUR MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND PLANS?

[ Edited ]

My BFF is hosting a barbeque at her house on the beach. It will be a feast! She ALWAYS has the BEST food - typically lots of grilled seafood (shrimp, salmon, halibut), barbecued chicken, and grilled veggies. Several types of salads (potato salad, pasta salad, Caesar salad). NO typical burgers and hot dogs or roasting a pig (gross). Lots of appetizers, great cocktails, premium wines, and delicious desserts.

Honored Contributor

My husband took tomorrow off, so my weekend starts then. Pretty much grilling and smoking meats, baking some desserts, hanging out, having fun. I have some cocktails planned. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Lots of Jersey girls here! Smiley Happy  I grew up in south Jersey and though I live in Bucks Co, Pa now it's only an hour drive to the beach in Belmar and area.

I had thought of going for the day with DH but the weather forecast that I saw was going to be in the low 70s at the shore but up to 90 inland.  I think instead we'll just enjoy our backyard & patio.  Sunday I plan on going with a friend to the Bucks County designer show house.  It's the last day and they are usually fun...we'll do lunch too.

Esteemed Contributor

My husband will be home Saturday ( yippppeee!!! ) and brother #2 and my husband's brother and his family will be staying with us for the long weekend.

The kids and cousins are all excited because they get to camp out in the backyard-fingers crossed, no rain- and the guys will be roasting a pig all night on Saturday. Can't wait for all of them to be here and I'm so grateful for my sister-in-law's being here to combat the testosterone with me.
Honored Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:
My husband will be home Saturday ( yippppeee!!! ) and brother #2 and my husband's brother and his family will be staying with us for the long weekend.

The kids and cousins are all excited because they get to camp out in the backyard-fingers crossed, no rain- and the guys will be roasting a pig all night on Saturday. Can't wait for all of them to be here and I'm so grateful for my sister-in-law's being here to combat the testosterone with me.

@Lila Belle

It sounds wonderful!  A nice big family party Smiley Happy

Have a great time.

Respected Contributor

No plans at this point, probably stay home most of the long weekend, except may-be Sunday we will go out to eat for our anniversary.  Yes, we were one of those couples who got married on a holiday weekend. (My parents got married on Memorial Day weekend and we wanted to honor them when we chose our date.)

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @Noel7, and I wish you a great weekend, too!
Honored Contributor

I am going to overdose on movies! My b-day is the 3rd of June so I will spend that day in the theatre as well. Got 4 or 5 movies I want to binge on!!

Super Contributor

Going to a friend's cookout tomorrow and a family cookout Monday. I'm bringing macaroni and potato salads, and desserts to both.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Well now that we are playing the SC I suppose our holiday will probably involve watching at least one game.