Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: YOUR MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND PLANS?

Jersey shore girl too! Plan on hitting boards, getting to beach it will be in high 80s here this weekend. We had so much rain this spring and pollen here right now is so bad! Fireworks on beach at night. Now the traffic we get in from Philly is another problem!

Honored Contributor

Nothing

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@missy1 wrote:

@lulu2 wrote:

We live at the Jersey shore so will be hosting a house filled with guests most of the holiday weekend.  Summer weather should arrive tomorrow!

Did you ever see the cast of Jersey Shore?

@lulu2I did - they lived in the town I have a beach house in.  I would see them all over the boardwalk.  Caused quite a commotion - but it was fun to actually see them filming with the bright lights.  They walked right passed us one night in the Beachcomber bar on the boardwalk while filming.  Unfortunately that scene didn't make the cut LOL!!!

Frequent Contributor

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

Getting tires and an alignment done on my car on Saturday, then off to walk dogs at the shelter.  Sunday we'll just hang out.  Walk dogs at the shelter on Monday (people don't like to give up their holidays, so we always need help).

@RainyDayGal Just wanted to THANK YOU for doing such a wonderful thing for those precious shelter dogs.  Heart  I bet they get so happy when they see you coming!  

Esteemed Contributor

My daughter and her family hosts a large family and friends cook-out with at least 90 guests....I used to go, but not anymore....too many people...my social skills aren't what they used to be.....don't enjoy idle chit-chat...wears me out!  My husband still goes...he's a talker!  I like my peace and quiet!  

Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

My daughter and her family hosts a large family and friends cook-out with at least 90 guests....I used to go, but not anymore....too many people...my social skills aren't what they used to be.....don't enjoy idle chit-chat...wears me out!  My husband still goes...he's a talker!  I like my peace and quiet!  

I must admit I would seriously consider staying home if only nine others were invited much less 90.

I am going to my son's and he is cooking for me, my dear sweet granddaughter, and DDIL.  She and I both have Monday off and since as a nurse she works the week-ends we take full advantage of any Monday holidays!!  My son and granddaughter and I have to have week-end visits without her most of the time so Memorial Day is extra special. Just going to be the four of us pigging out and playing toys with my sweet girl.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44@nana59@K9mom@SeaMaiden@Baileybut

We will be playing cowboys this weekend and trying to introduce our grandchildren to the concept of Texas life, such as petting horses!

We will undoubtedly be fighting traffic... the Byron Nelson golf tournament will be in "full swing!"

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

BBQ Smiley Very Happy

All hail the start of summer! 

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44@nana59@K9mom@SeaMaiden@Baileybut

We will be playing cowboys this weekend and trying to introduce our grandchildren to the concept of Texas life, such as petting horses!

We will undoubtedly be fighting traffic... the Byron Nelson golf tournament will be in "full swing!"

Love the Texas Life.  I will have to remember that phrase, especially when I am dying here in Tyler Tx. in Aug. (heat)

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Have absolutely no plans. Maybe I'll drag my husband to a movie. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?