Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: YOUR FIRST QVC PURCHASE & YOUR FAVORITE ONE?

First one, I have no idea.

Favorite hands down, I am guessing about 30 years ago. My Total Gym 2000.

hckynut  ðŸ‡ºðŸ‡¸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 ....  great thread you started.

I can't believe I still remember the first item I purchased from QVC back in either 1987 or 88.....  but it was Susan Lucci's hair shampoo and conditioner.

Here is a video of her talking about one of her hair products.

https://youtu.be/EwpIap-P4bc

AND....my favorite purchase of all time from QVC is a 10 x 14 gold framed painting of Jesus.  Mary Beth Roe sold this in 2005and it is still hanging in my den.  It is the most beautiful rendition of his face I have ever seen.

Honored Contributor

Wow. 

I know it was 1996.  That's when I moved from NYC to VA.  I had never even heard of QVC while living in NYC.  

I know for sure it was a piece of jewelry.  I just have no idea exactly what it was.

Favorite?  An old double-lock Dooney & Bourke medium sized cotton (not coated cotton) satchel trimmed in leather. That was before cell phones, tablets, and even purse-sanitizer.  So I never carry it an more because nothing fits inside except a wallet and my readers.  But it's a well worn favorite. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  I've not been shopping QVC nearly as long as some of these veterans, and probably started watching in this century. These flameless candles were either my first or one of my first purchases. I think they are Candle Impressions or Valerie. They are still among my favorites, along with the Kuhn Rikon can opener.

Cardinal Candle (2).jpg

Chickadee Candle.jpg

Super Contributor

It is called ThawExpress and it is not electric.  Just place the food on it and whatever it is made of it will expedite thawing.Defroster.jpg

Respected Contributor

My first purchase was a Le Cruset oval oven with broiler lid that David was selling. I could not resist. It was over $300 and I bought it in Marseille. I still love it. 

I think my favorite is the Ninja Foodi Air fryer with the pressure cooker. I use it so much and almost every day. I got my money's worth on this one.

I also love a Faux Fur by Dennis Basso. It is a faux mink and has a maroon tint to it. Everyone loves it when I wear it. 

Trusted Contributor

My first purchase was a skirt and jacket from Susan Graver...which I returned!  (So disappointed that it did not make me look like the models) Smiley Very Happy

Favorite purchase is an Ecclesi watch from years ago that I still wear almost everyday.

Respected Contributor

@kittykatkay wrote:

I can't believe I still remember the first item I purchased from QVC back in either 1987 or 88.....  but it was Susan Lucci's hair shampoo and conditioner.

AND....my favorite purchase of all time from QVC is a 10 x 14 gold framed painting of Jesus.  Mary Beth Roe sold this in 2005and it is still hanging in my den.  It is the most beautiful rendition of his face I have ever seen.

@kittykatkay , wow, small world.  I, too, purchased the same 10 x 14 gold framed painting of Jesus.  I still have it and it is hanging in our hallway with a Luminara (from Q) sitting below it to illuminate it.

Respected Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

@kittykatkay wrote:

@kittykatkay , wow, small world.  I, too, purchased the same 10 x 14 gold framed painting of Jesus.  I still have it and it is hanging in our hallway with a Luminara (from Q) sitting below it to illuminate it.

@HisElk1 ...Isn't that picture of Jesus the most beautiful one you have ever seen?  I'm so glad you posted that you have it too.  I love your idea of the luminara candle sitting below the picture to illuminate it.  Great idea.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My First Purchase:  A gold-plated sunburst pin by Joan Rivers.  Very rich looking.

Image 1 - Signed Joan Rivers Cordelia Style Gold Tone Plated Brooch, Pin 2-3/4"

My Favorite Purchase:  A tie between a crossover sweater, skirt and boucle blazer -- all in Linea's gorgeous fuchsia shade -- and a Dooney & Bourke large Tobi Tote that I bought over a decade ago.  The leather is so supple and buttery.  I swear it looks and feels like their Florentine leather, but I believe it was described as "smooth leather" when I purchased it on sale  The color is burgundy.

It has aged so magnificently.  Softer than ever, and the leather has such a rich glow to it now from all the wear and tear it has had.  I do not baby my bags.  It has a special appeal for female doctors.  Honestly, when a female doctor sees it, she usually exclaims, "What  a gorgeous bag!"  It has a well-worn look but a special appeal with its fine aging.