Honored Contributor

YOUNG MAN AND FRIEND START GROCERY SHOPPING SERVICE FOR VULNERABLE

How encouraging.  Can't post the AP article b/c of sidebars, but if you google "Two Twenty Somethings Extend Invisible Hands During Virus Outbreak" it will pop up.  Liam Elkind and a friend, Simone Policano, have amassed 1300 volunteers in New York City to deliver groceries and medicine for free to the vulnerable who are sheltering at home.  Careful precautions are taken to observe distancing and safety of delivery.

83 year old retired administrator Carol Sterling was supposed to be attending a puppet conference in Vietnam and Bali this week.  Instead she is staying safe at home and receiving deliveries from her fellow Stephen Wise Free  synagogue member Liam Elkind, pictured shopping for food for his clients above.

These young people are the other side of the coin to the heedless revelers that have dominated the news lately.  Bravo to Liam, Simone, and friends.

Trusted Contributor

Re: YOUNG MAN AND FRIEND START GROCERY SHOPPING SERVICE FOR VULNERABLE

Bless their hearts HeartHeart

Honored Contributor

Agreed, @Irish1210 .  It confirms my feeling that regardless of generational stereotypes, there will always be people of every age and station who possess timeless values of consideration and caring for others.  And those impulses can be encouraged and reinforced.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell   Thank you-we need to see these acts of kindness.  It's important to focus on today and what we can do in the here and now.

I especially needed to see this tonight.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  It warms my heart to see yet another example of selfless, compassionate, indomitable, and charitable service to our vulnerable citizens.❤ May God bless these young men for their vision, and dedication. Each example makes my day just that much brighter. Thank you for this heartwarming post.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE and HUGS today💖🤗

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I'd love to hear more good deeds such as these. Thank you for sharing.

I can live without those morons on the beaches, shaking their "maracas" and their behinds, saying that they love to drink and party and don't care about any viruses.

Now they'll go home and infect their parents and grandparents. I hate morons!!!!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett