Honored Contributor

Re: YIKES! Return Shipping!!!

...I go thru PayPal, sometimes, on ebay...not using their

card, but my Discover card..does the return shipping apply to this type of transaction, or do I need their credit card?

@SilleeMee wrote:

@pommom 

If you used PayPal to make your purchase and if you return that item then PP will refund what it cost you to return it. 

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

...I go thru PayPal, sometimes, on ebay...not using their

card, but my Discover card..does the return shipping apply to this type of transaction, or do I need their credit card?

@SilleeMee wrote:

@pommom 

If you used PayPal to make your purchase and if you return that item then PP will refund what it cost you to return it. 

@Mom2Dogs 

In your PP account there is your 'wallet'  which contains the credit cards you have chosen to be in your wallet. Your wallet can have any kind of cc in it, including any cc offered by PP. Don't confuse this with PayPal Credit...that is a separate credit option, not included in your PP wallet. 

Honored Contributor

Great explanation @SilleeMee  thanks so much!

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Great explanation @SilleeMee  thanks so much!

@Mom2Dogs 

Just to clarify what I said. PayPal Credit is a 'credit card' and it, too, comes with the return shipping refund service.

Regular Contributor

With Amazon, QVC is just obsolete in their policies. 

Honored Contributor

Returning is expensive, that's why it surprised me that people aren't more careful and diligent about what they buy.  I know the show hosts toss around  "just return it for any reason" but I never fell into that trap.    

Respected Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

I'm not a frequent QVC shopper, so have not returned anything.  That's why I'm asking now--whose return shipping charge is it?  I mean, is it all postage at the post office or is QVC adding restocking fees to it?

@IamMrsG, there is no restocking fee, but Q does not refund the shipping charge that was originally added to the price of the order. So for example, if the shipping was $5.00 and use of the return label is $6.95, a total of $11.95 will be deducted from your refund. Sometimes it costs less to pay the return shipping on your own (for small items like jewelry), but they still will deduct the original shipping fee from your refund.

Respected Contributor

Thank you, @nomless .

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For most things I buy from the Q I don't mind paying the shipping charge. Because, honestly, I think it's a bargain these days. For me to drive my car to get things...well figure it out. The cost of having a car means gas, mileage wear and sometime parking fees. So really when you look at it that way, Q's shipping charges are not that bad, even if it's non-refundable...I would have to pay for it one way or another to get something to my house. Nothing is free.

Respected Contributor

@kivah 

I'll wear the top on weekends running errands.  Not willing to pay $12.45 for trying it on.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown