Valued Contributor

Xfinity/Comcast dropping ShopHQ

This notice was in my bill today:

• TV Update: Effective May 12, 2023, ShopHQ will no longer be available with Xfinity.
Honored Contributor

Re: Xfinity/Comcast dropping ShopHQ

It's not available anywhere in my area over the air either. This may cook their goose. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

There was a time that one of my "musts" for a cable provider was that it carry QVC.  That time has long past.  I do watch HSN the most although I probably do more checking of the items presented on their website than actually watch on TV.  Bottom line for me, I wouldn't care if my cable provider dropped all of the shopping channels.

Honored Contributor

Comcast is huge.  That will make a very big impact on them.

I do watch it from time to time...they have some interesting products and more colorful Christmas sets than QVC.  

I must decide whether I will call to complain.  Think I will, but they probably will say not enough people watch it.  

Honored Contributor

Guess that leaves me out, I have XF, but I will check their schedule each morning online and if I want to see something will see it online. I will miss seeing Isomers more than anything. Perhaps by May some agreement will be reached. Often something gets dropped but soon after it returns.  I can remember 25 years ago XF dropped HSN but it was back 2 months later. 

Honored Contributor

I had two PBS stations and Comcast just dropped one of them. The new season shows were on both at the same time, but the one that was eliminated had offerings I liked that weren't on the other so I'm disappointed. I keep thinking of leaving and using Roku instead.

Honored Contributor

We get 2 PBS here on XF too, one out of Baltimore, other one from DC, different programming. 

Honored Contributor

I will miss Watching Isomers....other than that, they have too much watches and other. Terrible. Programming. 

Honored Contributor

I won't miss it. 

Honored Contributor

@DearPrudence  lol  when that bill arrives with that message, it would have been the first time I knew they carried Shop HQ.  With your early warning, maybe between now and May I'll look once.