Respected Contributor

I thought last year was difficult and it was but I think this year is going to end up being even more "the year from hell".

This year was supposed to be officially "cancer free" for my sister

but I think the Fates are telling us, "Not so fast, you people!"

Long story short: she's started to have some complications that aren't in themselves dangerous or anything but they're painful and worriesome. Next week her doctor is going to fix her all up surgically. We hoped it wouldn't come to that but it has. At least we can have more confidence that she'll be feeling better and doing better.

My husband has damaged lungs and I blame his previous employer who I can't, for obvious reasons, name. The damage will never go away; it's permanent. The symptoms come and go and right now he's going through a bad time. I feel so sorry for him.

As for me, all my joints are giving me a bad time (probably inherited from my mother's side of the family) plus I have an auto-immune disease which has progressed to cirrosis of the liver, and whatever produces bile is starting to show the effects too. (No, I don't drink. it's ok to wonder, I would too). Next week I'm having an infusion of medication for my liver problems which will be an improvement over what I have to take now, and the infusion is only once a year.

And if that weren't enough, I found an inch of water under my kitchen sink this morning. The plumber will be here on Monday, the same day we have to take my sister to the hospital for her surgery. ..and possibly the hottest day of the year (they're predicting 100+ degrees). If s/he shows up, I'm going to give her/him a big fat gratuity for working under such awful conditions.

Plus my credit card has been hacked 4 times this year.

If I believed in such things, I'd be wondering if I'm having my purgatory now instead of in the afterlife. It also makes me glad I didn't do some of the bad things I've been tempted to do--I can only imagine what punishment THAT would be like. Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

I am sorry that life is hitting you with all of this, all at once. I've had times like that, so I can sympathize. 

I don't have anything to offer, other than what my dad used to say to me..."keep your chin up"

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten   I am sorry you are dealing with so much.

Honored Contributor
Oh, my. You have had more than your fair share of problems! I pray that your sister, husband, and you will feel the peace that passeth all understanding as you continue to navigate through these difficult times. When it rains, it pours, but sounds like you are having a monsoon!
Valued Contributor
I’m sorry you are all going through so much. I hope everything gets better quickly.