Honored Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@151949 - That, by far, is my favorite bird - they just take my breadth away! We have seen quite a few here in SC. 

I know about SC!  I nearly hit one that flew down in front of us once in SC.  I was driving and it just zipped down in front of the car, took a few flaps of the wing and off it went!  I also saw one try to catch a rabbit in our back yard here in Oklahoma.  Those are BIG birds!

We have lots of wildlife in the back yard, lots of Blue Jays, Doves, Mocking Birds, wrens and Orioles!  We love to watch them.  We also have a few squirrels and a opossum or two now and then.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wow -eagle sighting

[ Edited ]

@151949  I believe we live further south than you and see Bald Eagles quite often around the lake here.  We saw one the other day swoop down at the water's edge and grab a baby possum with it's claws and fly off. 

We often see blue herons walking along the water's edge where we take our walks.  Their color is beautiful. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Super Contributor

Ladies:  I don't want to repeat myself, but having read the lovely posts in this thread about all of you bald eagle and other bird lovers, I just want to remind you to Google the DC Eagle Cam and watch the two little eaglets in the nest in the Washington DC National Arboretum Gardens.  There is already a thread on this, but you may have missed it.  It is such a treat to watch them and I am really enjoying seeing them grow up.