Reply
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,249
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Wow Antoinells just said

I'm down with Bronchitis.   Cough cough cough. Started a Z pack yesterday.  Today is the first time I've been out six days.  Only to take  hubby to pain management.  Back in for the weekend. 

Had this in Oct too.  Drs offices are packed.  What is going on with these viruses?  I truly believe I contracted it at the eye Drs office.  A woman was hacking away.   

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,111
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Wow Antoinells just said

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Brinklii wrote:

That's a lot of hosts to be sick all at once! The healthy ones are going to be putting in a lot of overtime, become exhausted, and pick up whatever is going around.

 

I woke up with that feeling this morning that I am getting a cold. I always keep Zicam on hand, so I headed right for it. It usually knocks it out of me in a couple days.


I have had some weirdness going on twice now over the past 3 months.  Almost feels like I'm getting a cold but I honestly don't know if it's a cold or if I've developed allergies. 

 

It happened a few weeks ago and I faithfully took Cold Calm for 2 days and I never got a full fledged cold but had a nose thing going on that is still going on which is why I'm thinking I may have allergies.

 

Last Friday I woke up with a stomach issue.  I dragged myself to work because I knew it would look bad for me to call off on a Friday before a long weekend.  But something was off with my stomach until Tuesday.  I don't know if I ate something bad or had a bug.

 

What a mess!  Hope you feel better.  


Lipstick Diva,

 

Hope you are feeling better also. Nothing worse than stomach issues. Isn't it awful that we are afraid to call in sick on the Friday before a long weekend? So many people abuse their sick leave. It isn't fair to the ones who are actually sick. Guess the bosses don't have anyway of knowing who is faking it and who isn't though...unless a pattern is set up by someone.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,581
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Wow Antoinells just said


@Brinklii wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Brinklii wrote:

That's a lot of hosts to be sick all at once! The healthy ones are going to be putting in a lot of overtime, become exhausted, and pick up whatever is going around.

 

I woke up with that feeling this morning that I am getting a cold. I always keep Zicam on hand, so I headed right for it. It usually knocks it out of me in a couple days.


I have had some weirdness going on twice now over the past 3 months.  Almost feels like I'm getting a cold but I honestly don't know if it's a cold or if I've developed allergies. 

 

It happened a few weeks ago and I faithfully took Cold Calm for 2 days and I never got a full fledged cold but had a nose thing going on that is still going on which is why I'm thinking I may have allergies.

 

Last Friday I woke up with a stomach issue.  I dragged myself to work because I knew it would look bad for me to call off on a Friday before a long weekend.  But something was off with my stomach until Tuesday.  I don't know if I ate something bad or had a bug.

 

What a mess!  Hope you feel better.  


Lipstick Diva,

 

Hope you are feeling better also. Nothing worse than stomach issues. Isn't it awful that we are afraid to call in sick on the Friday before a long weekend? So many people abuse their sick leave. It isn't fair to the ones who are actually sick. Guess the bosses don't have anyway of knowing who is faking it and who isn't though...unless a pattern is set up by someone.


They never say anything and it's not a pattern but I just think it looks bad and I feel guilty.  LOL  I don't know why because I rarely call in sick.  I don't get sick days.

 

Many places of employment, including my DH's, have a policy that if you call off the day before or the day after a holiday, you don't get paid for the holiday. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,752
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Wow Antoinells just said


@dex wrote:

@Noel7 Yes I got the flu shot but I have been to a couple of kids birthday parties.I think those little dudes are germ magnets.I really enjoyed the parties though so small price to pay.Still laying around and it is afternoon..feeling positively wicked about that.


@dex

 

You are so right!  It was awful when my daughter was little, it was one virus after another from all the kids she was around.

 

There are two viruses going around SF right now, one is a tummy thing, lasts about two days, and the other is pretty general: waves of chills, low grade fever and feeling punk.  My daughter had both, my husband had just the one with stomach pain and some nausea.

 

I hope you feel better soon!

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,752
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Wow Antoinells just said


@Dawnie wrote:

I'm down with Bronchitis.   Cough cough cough. Started a Z pack yesterday.  Today is the first time I've been out six days.  Only to take  hubby to pain management.  Back in for the weekend. 

Had this in Oct too.  Drs offices are packed.  What is going on with these viruses?  I truly believe I contracted it at the eye Drs office.  A woman was hacking away.   


@Dawnie

 

Wow, that really sounds awful Smiley Surprised

 

I hope you feel better soon!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,877
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Wow Antoinells just said

@Noel7 Hoping you don't get sick since you have been caring for the DH and dd.The weather is just too nice for sick days.Nice of you to send well wishes to all the rest of us.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,752
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Wow Antoinells just said


@dex wrote:

@Noel7 Hoping you don't get sick since you have been caring for the DH and dd.The weather is just too nice for sick days.Nice of you to send well wishes to all the rest of us.


@dex

 

How nice of you Smiley Happy  And thank you!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,403
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: Wow Antoinells just said


@January121 wrote:

It hit me too ... started the middle of May & is still lingering to this date!!! 

 

 


@January121If you are coughing and have chest problems, it could be bronchitis or pneumonia.  Maybe you should see a doctor!  Get well soon!!!

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,723
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Wow Antoinells just said

Hope you feel better.  I have something similar.  A couple days ago my throat hurt, but not like a typical sore throat.  Then yesteray, my throat is better but it turned into a cough.  I can't stop coughing.  And I have body aches.  Aspirin seem to help that.  I had a manicure today, and I don't know how I survived!  I should have cancelled that.  Anyway, I'm still coughing and tired.  Must have picked up something.  I had a flu shot, so I don't think it's a flu. 

Super Contributor
Posts: 374
Registered: ‎07-30-2013

Re: Wow Antoinells just said

Six days ago mine started with sore throat went into nasty tight chest, lung and head congestion and cough. Antibiotics, steroids, codeine Tylenol. Triggered asthma. Yuck. No sun, watch pollen triggers. Starting to rebound- Hubby came down with it last night. Dreading the gym trainer tomorrow. Back in the saddle.