Regular Contributor

Re: Worst Experience with Sales Pressure

Worst experience for my family.  Family members already own 2 timeshares.  Company continually calls to sell upgrades or whatever.  During the time I was at their home to care for my DYING sister in law they would not stop.  Her husband told them we were at the bedside of his dying wife and please stop calling.  It only got worse.

Respected Contributor

@handygal2  I was in the market for new granite counter tops for my home.  One company sent 2 men who proceeded to ask me if I was able to make the decision or I needed to ask my husband and were high pressure.  What?, in this day and age, I can't believe they were so clueless to ask me that. 

Second company was another man who never asked me "if I could make the decision" and explained all the work and finished on time and on budget.   And he was about 30% less then the first high pressure company.

I think when I was younger, I let salespeople push me around, but as I grew older, I know what I want and I'm not going to let a sales rep push me into something I don't want or need. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

@bonnielu  I tell them that I am in the middle of selling my home, and am not going to put another dime in to it.

For the "used to be" never ending solar panel telemarketers, I tell them that I already have solar and it finally stopped them from calling.

I haven't had the chance yet, since I got nomorobo, but instead of hanging up on the next rude telemarketer, I'm going to tell them that I am from the FBI, and they have called a crime scene and what is their name, name of their company, and contact info and why are they calling this particular home and we will need to speak with them in person for our investigation into this crime scene. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@JBKO wrote:

Sorry, TCA is a type of chemical peel. 

@JBKO  It’s a fairly strong acid peel. I’d only have it done by a derm...never a spa tech. 

Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@handygal2  I was in the market for new granite counter tops for my home.  One company sent 2 men who proceeded to ask me if I was able to make the decision or I needed to ask my husband and were high pressure.  What?, in this day and age, I can't believe they were so clueless to ask me that. 

Second company was another man who never asked me "if I could make the decision" and explained all the work and finished on time and on budget.   And he was about 30% less then the first high pressure company.

I think when I was younger, I let salespeople push me around, but as I grew older, I know what I want and I'm not going to let a sales rep push me into something I don't want or need. 

@CAcableGirl2: Well said, and l couldn't agree more!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~