Honored Contributor

Outside of medical advice, I don't seek advice from others, and don't have people trying to give me any.  

Respected Contributor

Tomorrow will be a better day.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kellyanne1 please re-read my post. You are clearly not reading and understanding g exactly what is written. Everything you stated about my post is incorrect.

Respected Contributor

@Quackeroo wrote:

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me"

WHATTT?!?

~Quack

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still laughing!!!!!  You're funny!!!  Seriously, I just died laughing when I saw this.

Respected Contributor

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

True Confession:

I've fallen in to the trap of using some of these ridiculous adages that have been shared in this post when I'm in an awkward or uncomfortable position. 

Now, I just let them know I do care and am willing to talk if they wish. I just hug the person or pat them on the back, or shake their hand. That's all. No need to put my spin on the situation for what they themselves are experiencing.

Most of the time they are grateful for your appearance, not for what you've said.

dee

This poster nailed it.

Respected Contributor

This whole thing reminds me of Jack Nicholson sitting in that group in the coo coo nest movie and that one guy was saying how his wife was cheating on him, he was the "brains" of the group and this other guy who I think was mandated there by the courts said, oh, come on Harding.  you keep talkin' about all this bla bla bla what are you come kind of morbid  ********!!!!

LOL!!!

Sorry, just crazy right now.  Don't mean anything by it.  It made me laugh I was hoping I could pass the funny on.....

Honored Contributor

To read and believe that "intensive care" was just so "they could keep a better eye on the patient".  I was right in what I believed before that.  

Honored Contributor

@Catiele wrote:

Tomorrow will be a better day.

You're right there!!  No one is promised a tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

I try to be the bigger person but it doesn't always end up that way. LOL

Super Contributor

I've always struggled with public speaking, and have often received the advice to "just picture everyone in their underwear." Maybe that advice works for some people, but I just end up still nervous with the addition of feeling distracted and disturbed, LOL!