Trusted Contributor

Re: Worse Current Commercial on TV Right Now

[ Edited ]

Here in NY it has to be the  Optimum cable Altice service ad that runs ad nauseum.  It has annoying background music that I can't even understand.  Worst part is it plays over and over and over from about 2 to 7 in the evening.  I absolely hate it.  What the cable company in this area does is run an ad non-stop for a couple of months and then they switch to a new one.  Each commercial targets a specific audience. A few years ago, it was targeting Latinos with offers of cheap telephone service.  I loved it in the beginning, but after a week or two of seeing it played dozens of time, I wanted to throw up.  Even if I changed the station, it was still there.  Here in NY, the cable company is a monopoly so it dominates the airwaves.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

The Senecot (sp?) commercial where the woman tells her husband "sometimes I get constipated".

And he gets this look on his face like she just told him she likes a particular sexy thing and says "REALly?"

It's kind of bizarre.

@QueenDanceALot  Yes...it is bizarre the way she tells him whyshe taking it.....  and another thing is that here where a I live, that commercial always plays twice in a row. ALWAYS. Like, WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?

Honored Contributor

Always discreet for bladder leaks

Honored Contributor

Maybe it's just me, but the current Jeep commercial really gets on my nerves.

I watch baseball games, and it's shown every half-inning. The "song" they play-- if you can call it that-- sounds more like a chant. It's grating, and l mute it every time it comes on. 

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I mute all commercials, and put the remote in front of my face for the ones I really hate . . . and there are many.

However, there is one I like that I can't resist watching.  It's an Allstate commercial where the teenager comes into his parents bedroom to tell them he had "a very minor accident" with the car.  He goes into a spiel about how he called the company and it's all taken care of . . . and then he goes on to "what an important life lesson it was," and further . . . "it was so smart of you to pick an insurance company that forgives . . . " and he doesn't get to finish because his mother says "four weeks without the car."  He immediately turns around and says "works for me," and goes to his room.

This young actor needs a TV series.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

And it goes without saying-- any and all prescription drug commercials-- an instant "mute" for me.

In fact, l will probably need to have my remote replaced very soon, b/c the mute button will break from overuse. Lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

We have two commercials that run back to back. Both have a man’s voiceover that sound very similar, like the same person. The first commercial is for burial/cremation services that are bargain priced, immediately followed by the statement that you get free coffee and donuts if you give them your business for a good rest, but it’s now a discount mattress place that is advertising. Every time these air I cringe and then get the giggles.

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden The brunette (top left) cracks me up.

I see a cartoon bubble over her head saying "Oh crapola, did I take my pill today?"

Valued Contributor

I thought I was the only one annoyed with the Kyleena commercial, but all of the commercials mentioned here annoy me.  But to me, the diet Dr. Pepper commercial with Justin Gaurini makes me want to rip my ears off.

Honored Contributor

JIMMY DEAN SAUSAGE, where the deceased Jimmy Dean says nothing warms him up like breakfast sausage. I mean, he has been dead for years and they still use him to sell his products.