Honored Contributor

I see it as a "he said/she said" situation, which is why it was never prosecuted.

Personally, I don't believe any of them.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

The only one not being able to let this go is Mia. Rowan Farrow (sp?) is making comments about Woody Allen - and I'm betting that's not even his father. What a weird situation...

Honored Contributor
On 1/14/2014 brii said:

The only one not being able to let this go is Mia. Rowan Farrow (sp?) is making comments about Woody Allen - and I'm betting that's not even his father. What a weird situation...

Rowan Farrow knows the pain Allen caused his mother and he believes his sister Dylan that Allen molested her.

What son/brother wouldn't be angry? A man who sleeps with a mother and then her daughter?

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor
On 1/14/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 1/14/2014 brii said:

Rowan Farrow knows the pain Allen caused his mother and he believes his sister Dylan that Allen molested her.

What son/brother wouldn't be angry? A man who sleeps with a mother and then her daughter?

I would expect he would take his mother's side.

I believe those claims have never been proven. It's really none of my concern. All that anger is unhealthy.

Does he have a program on MSNBC now?

Honored Contributor
On 1/14/2014 brii said:

I believe those claims have never been proven. It's really none of my concern. All that anger is unhealthy.

I don't know if he has a program on MSNBC now, I don't watch that station, I usually watch straight news.

The claim that Allen slept with the mother and then the daughter isn't speculation. That's usually considered a taboo right there, blood relation or not.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor
On 1/14/2014 brii said:

I don't know if he has a program on MSNBC now, I don't watch that station, I usually watch straight news.

The claim that Allen slept with the mother and then the daughter isn't speculation. That's usually considered a taboo right there, blood relation or not.

I agree - I don't think it was appropriate either. But I'm not involved in the situation.

It appears the Woody Allen and Soon Yi have moved on.

Respected Contributor
On 1/14/2014 brii said:

Yup. He was basically her stepfather* from what (age 14)? How about an uncle who is not really a blood relative...would that be okay? By uncle I mean the husband of a blood related aunt.

I find it odd that anybody would defend this creepo.

*yes I know he and Mia were not married,that doesn't change it.

Respected Contributor
On 1/14/2014 brii said:
On 1/14/2014 brii said:

I agree - I don't think it was appropriate either. But I'm not involved in the situation.

It appears the Woody Allen and Soon Yi have moved on.

Why wouldn't they? They have basically destroyed the family they once were a part of.

Honored Contributor

Okay - I'm certainly not defending him.

They did what they did. It's over. Nothing I say or do will change the past.

I think they're all nuts....

Respected Contributor

I think there's definitely an element of betrayal by Soon-Yi to become involved with her adopted mother's SO. She did say that she considered Mia her mother and PREVIN her father. So, yes it was pretty lousy of her to make assumptions about her mother's relationship and use that as an excuse to become involved with Woody. In her words, the relationship was already done when she became involved with him. Soon-Yi definitely knew better but it was Woody who selfishly put her in that position of being at odds with her mother for the rest of her life so he could be with her, which was reprehensible.