Trusted Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Well,  I call  The Kitty "my little girl"

I get it.  I have two kitties and they're both my girls.

In addition, I do some writing professionally and hopefully have given birth to some new ideas. 

Renee was using an appropriate definition of the word. 

Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

Renee-you do not "give birth" to a clothing line.......

She is borrowing that statement from Oprah who used it when she was talking about her movie "Beloved." Or at least I remember that was the first time I ever heard that statement..

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

She is borrowing that statement from Oprah who used it when she was talking about her movie "Beloved." Or at least I remember that was the first time I ever heard that statement..

@Trinity11

I'm really not sure why you would think Renee "borrowed" this statement from Oprah.   Oprah didn't make this up ... it's been around forever.  

Renee may have never heard Oprah say this.    

Honored Contributor

they are called idioms and we learned about them back in elementary school.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

It's been used in the corporate world forever (I've done work with a few major corporations), especially in product development, marketing, and research.  This phrase is nothing new.  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

@Trinity11

I'm really not sure why you would think Renee "borrowed" this statement from Oprah.   Oprah didn't make this up ... it's been around forever.  

Renee may have never heard Oprah say this.    

Just making conversation. I like Renee, so I was just thinking maybe she heard it for the first time as I did when Oprah said it.

Honored Contributor

and, "The Southland gave birth to the blues................"

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

The term "giving birth" does not bother me near as much as referring to handbags and clothing items "she".  That is beyond ridiculous and makes me cringe every single time I hear it!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

and, "The Southland gave birth to the blues................"

and "The Southern Slaves gave birth to the blues........."

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

I like Renee and find her to be energetic and enthusiastic without being annoying! I love her WWC pants they do wonders for my figure and I don't care how she came up with the idea it's the product and the quality that matters.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18