Frequent Contributor

Woke up to find $2800 stimulus money was deposited yesterday - that was QUICK!!

My goodness -  I did not expect the $2800 to arrive so fast.  I always check my bank accounts each morning and I could not figure out why the balance was so high in my checking account.  There was the $2800 deposit made on March 12th.  President Biden just signed the bill March 11th.  I didn't think the government could act so quickly!!

Valued Contributor

Re: Woke up to find $2800 stimulus money was deposited yesterday - that was QUICK!!

HAPPY FOR YOU  WHEN I GET MINE I GIVE IT TO TWO FOOD BANKS

Honored Contributor

Re: Woke up to find $2800 stimulus money was deposited yesterday - that was QUICK!!

Yipee, more debt to put on the backs of our children as they start to navigate in the world of the working.

Respected Contributor

Give with one hand, take with the other.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it could be considered political

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Yipee, more debt to put on the backs of our children as they start to navigate in the world of the working.

Glade those that needed the money receive it , however  a very small % goes to covid 19 relief  , to much prork included   .

won't be long before we see higher taxes, interest rates and property taxes besides all increases in commodities .

Respected Contributor

This is how it works they sign the bill it's sent to the people. It happened the same each time they passed one of these. What took forever was passing it. Frankly it should have been just about covid relief and you would have had it months ago. 

Honored Contributor

I can't believe some of the negative comments in response to the OP's post.

"No good deed goes unpunished."

There are a lot of people who will be very grateful for this stimulus check.  Not everyone is so fortunate to not need it or to question the timing or other provisions in the bill.  Complicated legislation is never easy, nor easily understood.  (Anyone who knows and can illuminate us on every provision in this bill, please do.)

If you don't need or want it, good for you.  Refuse it or donate it where it will do some good.  There are plenty of our citizens who would really be grateful.

Esteemed Contributor

I am sure folks will use their money constructively.  Remember the huge relief bill that was signed a while back for corporations and other very high income people.  With no expiration date.  Americans sometimes have short memories.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

All on the backs of our next generations.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.