Respected Contributor

I posted about this last year and for some reason, my post got removed.

I'm trying again.  Right now, Biltmore Estate is having a sale on their wines, AND with a $25 order, free shipping.   If you buy 3 bottles, you get a 10% discount, and an even better discount with more. 

I have found this to be an exceptional bill to - ship to gift. 

They also have gourmet foods and beautiful gifts.

I am really missing making my yearly trip. Smiley Sad

Valued Contributor

@Georgiagrama  Thank you!

Respected Contributor

@Georgiagrama  Being a Californian near wine country, I don't know anything about wineries in NC and I've never heard of this winery!  How are their wines?  I'm typically a Pinot Noir and Sauvignon Blanc drinker.  I just got 2 wine shipments in November, so not like I need any, but some of their wines sound interesting and are reasonable, especially with the discount and free shipping over $25 (most wineriers charge pretty substantially for shipping).  Might consider a few bottles.  Do you know how long the sale runs?

Regular Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

@Georgiagrama  Being a Californian near wine country, I don't know anything about wineries in NC and I've never heard of this winery!  How are their wines?  I'm typically a Pinot Noir and Sauvignon Blanc drinker.  I just got 2 wine shipments in November, so not like I need any, but some of their wines sound interesting and are reasonable, especially with the discount and free shipping over $25 (most wineriers charge pretty substantially for shipping).  Might consider a few bottles.  Do you know how long the sale runs?

@sueinsf Don't know about now, but some used to be very good.  Especially a few of the champaigns.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Wine Lovers

[ Edited ]

@sueinsf 

I'm sorry but it didn't say how long this particular savings would run, but more than likely it will be from now until Christmas.  They feature different wines, today it was red wines for 20% off, plus free shipping for any order over $25.  I ordered the Pinot Gregio and got a 10% discount because I ordered 3 bottles.  I also got a bottle of the Christmas Wine, which I love, and, it makes a beautiful gift. They feature an artist each year to have on the label.

As far as the quality, I don't think you could find a better wine unless it was an imported specility wine. They use grapes from their own vines, but will also get the grapes from other places, and oftentimes California. If you read the description of the individual wines, they will often say what grapes are used and from where. The Biltmore Winery is awesome and they are quite dedicated to producing outstanding wines with growing success. There are great reviews from all over the country for one wine or another that people prefer. Of course, wine, like art is purely subject to taste.

Being a California native, I think you should give them a try. I have tried many California wines, and as in all things, some are delicious, some are blah. The Biltmore Wines are very resonably priced for a nice bottle of wine, and you can't beat free shipping.

Just for fun, Google The Biltmore Estate.  They are having a Van Gogh art exhibition at the Estate for the holidays.  My friends went this week are enjoying it immensely. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks @SoonerLater  and @Georgiagrama .  I agree, for the price it seems worth a try.  If the sale goes for a little bit I'll check out the site again and consider buying a few bottles.

And yes, no matter the winery, you can get things you like and ones you don't, and different vintages vary in addition to varietals.

Thanks for your input!