Honored Contributor

Re: Will you be boycotting Black Friday?

On 11/26/2014 game-on said:

I am wondering why anyone is asking about boycotting?

I am too, LOL. I love Black Friday as it semi gets me in the holiday spirit. Do I do 5 a.m. shopping....? h#l#L to the no! But, if I choose to go out and browse mid day...I will.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

Online only. I don't like crowds at any time, and it's aggravating enough that I'll have to drive by the Mall of Georgia four times this season. Cringe.
Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Honored Contributor

I don't view it as boycotting; I just prefer to do my shopping online, and early. I just look at it in terms of the stores not having anything I need, and I have no need to be there wasting minutes of my life I can't get back!
Respected Contributor

I never go out Black Friday. However, this year I saw a deal too good to pass on. I'll be shopping.

Super Contributor

Nope, no boycott for me. After my volunteer shift in the morning I will be shopping. IMO everyone does their own thing that fits their lifestyle.

Honored Contributor

Though I might, I sort of doubt I'll go out shopping, and if I do, it won't be to a mall. Either way, though, I wouldn't say I'm 'boycotting' it, as much as I'm simply not going shopping.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

No. I would not boycott, but I do think getting up and being at the store at 4 am is ludicrous. I have my normal shopping to do at Rite Aid tomorrow whether it's black friday or not, and I will be going in the late morning and not buying anything to do with Christmas.

Super Contributor

No but why are they advertising Black Friday so early?