Super Contributor

Re: Will You Be Watching - Miss USA

Yes, what is with all this fake hair? Back in the Stone Age, we all had our original hair, faces and bodies. No one in pageants was a product of fake hair or cosmetic surgery.
Esteemed Contributor

On 6/10/2014 serenity4ever said: Yes, what is with all this fake hair? Back in the Stone Age, we all had our original hair, faces and bodies. No one in pageants was a product of fake hair or cosmetic surgery.

Ohhhhhhhhh.......'The Stone Age'!! I didn't have fake hair back then. I do admit to wearing on maybe three occasions false eyelashes - not for me. My generation ate portions and watched their weight to have nice figures.

Miss Indiana was on FOX I believe - defending her weight. Apparently she was rather thick from her waist to her upper thighs. I watched and thought that the swimsuit just didn't fit her properly. Oh well.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

On 6/9/2014 terrier3 said:
On 6/9/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I didn't realize it was even on until I heard Guiliana's voice announcing it. I had been watching Dateline or 48 Hours prior, got up to let the dog out and came back to this pageant.

Didn't see any of the women so I don't know about their extensions but Guiliana's extensions looked ridiculous.

I have no idea how Guiliana holds a job...she is another of the "made up" celebrities Ryan Seacrest is always promoting.

I know she works REALLY hard to be attractive, but I think she is extremely unattractive...her features are exaggerated by her underweight.

I'd have to disagree with you on this. She has a Bachelor's degree and Master's degree in journalism. After she graduated, she reported for a Capitol Hill news bureau covering the Pentagon, Supreme Court, White House and State Department.

She was Miss Maryland twice, was named to Maxim's Hot 100 in 2004 and People Magazines 100 Most Beautiful in 2006.

Since being named an E! anchor, viewership for E! News has increased over 50%.

Honored Contributor

On 6/10/2014 LipstickDiva said:
On 6/9/2014 terrier3 said:
On 6/9/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I didn't realize it was even on until I heard Guiliana's voice announcing it. I had been watching Dateline or 48 Hours prior, got up to let the dog out and came back to this pageant.

Didn't see any of the women so I don't know about their extensions but Guiliana's extensions looked ridiculous.

I have no idea how Guiliana holds a job...she is another of the "made up" celebrities Ryan Seacrest is always promoting.

I know she works REALLY hard to be attractive, but I think she is extremely unattractive...her features are exaggerated by her underweight.

I'd have to disagree with you on this. She has a Bachelor's degree and Master's degree in journalism. After she graduated, she reported for a Capitol Hill news bureau covering the Pentagon, Supreme Court, White House and State Department.

She was Miss Maryland twice, was named to Maxim's Hot 100 in 2004 and People Magazines 100 Most Beautiful in 2006.

Since being named an E! anchor, viewership for E! News has increased over 50%.

Viewership of E! News is about .1 % of US TV households. It may have increased from a .05%. It's still a TINY number of homes watching.

You must have been reading from her bio...of course it is positive.

Super Contributor

On 6/9/2014 Love Roses said:

Well, I have to agree about Guiliana and her lack of looks. I wonder how she is allowed to have exposure to the public with her unattractiveness. I think it's because other unattractive females won't feel threatened by her. I know she comes across as nice and she does have intelligence, but just not looks. Her pumpkin shaped head with a receded hairline and thin hair are not something that will never be considered lovely.

WOW!!!! What an upbeat person you are. Are you this critical of everyone?

Honored Contributor

Not interested and never was.

Super Contributor

On 6/8/2014 Still Raining said:

I am very glad I live in a country that is free to broadcast this show, but no I will not be watching. It is one of many shows which seem to show women or girls being prized for attributes that are superficial.

I did not watch either, for the same reasons, There are PLENTY of other ways for a young lady to get money for school than doing the pagent circuit. JMO

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/10/2014 wowee said:

Well, I have to agree about Guiliana and her lack of looks. I wonder how she is allowed to have exposure to the public with her unattractiveness. I think it's because other unattractive females won't feel threatened by her. I know she comes across as nice and she does have intelligence, but just not looks. Her pumpkin shaped head with a receded hairline and thin hair are not something that will never be considered lovely.

Thanks, yes I am upbeat. I am entitled to my opinion based on experience. I live where there are many attractive people and they set the bar and the standards. Critical? Just because I don't think the person discussed is not attractive doesn't mean I am critical. I have vision and a pair of eyes that work well.

Honored Contributor

On 6/10/2014 Love Roses said:
On 6/10/2014 wowee said:

Thanks, yes I am upbeat. I am entitled to my opinion based on experience. I live where there are many attractive people and they set the bar and the standards. Critical? Just because I don't think the person discussed is not attractive doesn't mean I am critical. I have vision and a pair of eyes that work well.

So are ALL the attractive people where you live? Or are all the people attractive? Aren't there attractive people everywhere? You have definitely got a better than thou attitude and it is very UNATTRACTIVE.

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/10/2014 happy housewife said:
On 6/10/2014 Love Roses said:
On 6/10/2014 wowee said:

So are ALL the attractive people where you live? Or are all the people attractive? Aren't there attractive people everywhere? You have definitely got a better than thou attitude and it is very UNATTRACTIVE.

Better than thou attitude - sounds like you are religious and judging. Tsk Tsk. Yet, there are many here in Los Angeles who want to be involved in entertainment and image/looks if very important. Sorry you don't know things like that. I don't think you are happy at all - even being a housewife.