Honored Contributor

They are not stupid creatures, we have a storm coming ,plus it is 15 this morning, they are eating  like crazy ,getting ready,the woodpeckers are filling up on suet ,and all other on black sunflower seeds.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Even though I always fill the bird feeders on ,my deck, during snows, I throw out some millett (which I never put in the feeders).  Man, I've had flocks of birds!!!!  I love feeding the birds!

Respected Contributor

Even though we don't have a storm coming - I am in AZ - it has been pretty cold here at night. The hummingbirds are ravenous and eating us out of house and home. Good thing I have an extra 10# of sugar in the pantry.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

My wife buys the bird food in 35# bags from TS. Also buys blocks to put in the cages we installed on our wire fence. Squirrels love eating those blocks hanging upside down. At times the blue Jay's and woodpeckers run the squirrels off.

I get a big workout unloading these 35# bags of bird food, and she gets 55# bags of dog food, which the other critters snap up pretty quickly. 

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

We are expecting between 12-18" of snow starting later today.  I just went out and filled up our bird feeder.

Honored Contributor

The squirrels get busy, too, a day or two before the storms. I see them running all about getting food and stuffings for their nests all day long until the sun goes down. Then the storm hits and the temperatures plummet. I don't know how the creatures survive in such frigid weather. 

Honored Contributor

@hckynut , I have such a tough time lifting those bags over 40 pds.,i try to order on line, if price is right.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.