Honored Contributor

Re: Why no shopping channels on hospital cable?

[ Edited ]

@depglass When I've been in our local big, wonderful and highly rated hospital a number of times, both Q and HSN are on the TV channel lineup. It must be cetain hospitals that don't.

My hospital also has bedside phones.

And not everyone in the hospital is recovering from surgery to clarify for a poster here.

Trusted Contributor

QVC and other cable channels must pay to be on in airports, hospitals, etc. guess they don't think it's worth it or it is too expensive now, my dr office used to have lots of cable channels; I noticed last time I was there it is now just videos of health topics or big pharma ads. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass   Why are you asking us?  Call the hospital administrator's office and ask him/her.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

When I was in chemo several years ago there were small tv's in the cubicles.  There was no shopping channels at all and very limited channels in general.   I went through a lot of books those months and took lots of naps.  Bored to tears. I still had a flip phone then so couldn't use the internet.    Luckily DH was with me all the time so I had company.  Mostly we both read our own books but he would always go to the cafeteria to get me a sandwich and a coffee Smiley Happy

I guess it depends on the area but I have also noticed in hotels when traveling the differences in what's available.

Honored Contributor

I asked the nurses that when I had my joint replacements done... they said that when patients are on drugs for pain... they might order things that they did not mean to if they were not on pain meds.... 

Honored Contributor

We are in a high Covid area with the attendant jump in hospitalizations.  I wouldn't dream of bothering them with my little problem when this tragedy is unfolding before my eyes.  Ambulances can be seen throughout the day and one area has a new sign on a papered over window, Do Not Enter Bio Hazard.  So I came where I usually do with a question I can't find on the internet.  This board has been a wealth of information over the years, and I've won more than one bet consulting it.  

Super Contributor

@depglass

I know one comes on here to ask a question for opinions, and then someone replies with a smart-****** reply.

Respected Contributor

I was in the hospital in NC over night after shoulder surgery and shopping channels were on tv.  Must be related to the hospital cable subscription.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

@QVC101     I think a lot depends on where you live.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I asked the nurses that when I had my joint replacements done... they said that when patients are on drugs for pain... they might order things that they did not mean to if they were not on pain meds.... 

@SeaMaiden 

That's exactly what I was thinking!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett