Honored Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

I've bought more recently than I normally do, as well.  Got my Basso throw the other day....it is so nice....I was a little thrown that what I thought was chocolate chinchilla has a faint camo-looking print running through it...it's subtle enough, but I would have preferred they left it off. But the throw itself is pretty....and so soft and warm....I used it today and it gets a thumbs-up from me.  

Today I ordered the sheets.  I've been using a different brand and they have pilled badly.  Since the vendor was adament that these WON'T pill...I ordered. We shall see!!

Hope I'm done for awhile now!!

@alicedee- If you wash and dry them the way the vendor said, they won't pill.  I've had mine for quite a few years now.

If you ignore the instructions and wash and dry them hot or add fabric softener, then you will probably run into problems.  They really are easy to care for and we love them in the colder months.

I had some that I bought from Kohl's and they were a mess even before the end of the first season.  I donated them to the local humane shelter, as they like them to make cozy bedding for the animals.

Honored Contributor

Shorty, shorty, shorty, we need to talk dear.   (ROFLOL)

Honored Contributor

Oddly I'm not tempted by any of their offerings lately.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why is it QVC has...

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Shorty2U, not necessarily from QVC,but it’s always seemed to be that when I go “Xmas shopping” for gifts for others - whether it’s sales at the mall, sales online, or at gift/craft/holiday shows, I see tons of things I need/want, at great prices; never fails. So, I hear ya! I never go overboard, but do get “me stuff” when it kinda falls at my feet, so to speak, during the holiday shopping.

@Moonchilde

When I used to buy for lots of extended family/friends/co-workers ...(loved that Christmas club) all done at local stores ...I used to do what you did too...I pick up a gift for someone on my list, and it seems I'd always see something for myself too (either something I had been looking for, or something on sale I "needed")...........🎅 🎁

These days now with family members passing on and a lot of my friends preferring not to exchange gifts (they prefer to celebrate by just getting together), my gift list is very small, but I do manage to find something special just for me as a way to celebrate the season........🎄

@Shorty2UA few years ago I did purchase NL sheets from QVC but these were Wrinkle Defense and not flannel........and after all this time these sheets are just like new and so soft and are wearing well......Can't attest to the quality of Thursday's TSV...so did you cave and get them? .... If so ENJOY!!! Woman WinkWoman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Why is it QVC has...

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Hmmm,  I haven't had that problem at all.  Not the least bit tempted.  I already have Cuddle Duds and don't like them. I have plenty of fleece sheets and don't wear boots.

@Kachina624

I'm with you Kachina........none of QVC's gift shows inspire me, for the same reasons you mentioned and I also dont need a Vitamix, a vacuum, nor epilator, or Philosophy/Aragon Oil/It Cosmetics, copper pots/pans, car chargers, poo-pourri or outdated electronics..............

On the other hand....some local retailers---YES!-very tempting Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”