Super Contributor

@Shorty2U. . . .   Just. Get. The. Sheets. Even if you put them under the tree "To Me, From Me". They are worth it.

Hugs. . .

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U

Do not feel guilty.  We all deserve to treat ourselves every now and then.  You'll have your items for years.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why is it QVC has...

[ Edited ]

Well, since my birthday is in November and then there's Christmas, I always have to buy TWO presents from Me to Me, so my gifts are always part of the holiday spending budget.   Woman LOL

Sometimes I'll find something that costs more than I wanted to spend, so it'll be a Combination Birthday and Christmas present ..... like the sterling silver UltraFine Panther Link  watch I bought myself a couple years ago.    Every time I put it on, it still takes my breath away.    Heart

Only YOU can decide if you were naughty or nice, but I always get myself two gifts, regardless .....    Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Me tooo! 

Too many tempting things this time of year. I’m finally getting these darned sheets (:

Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U  you need only to change the channel....watch a different show...a movie or such...or to  just turn off the TV.  When buying gives you a high...makes you happy, then it is becoming an addiction.  Even if a person can afford to buy anything they want....it still is an addiction.  It is not healthy. You can make every excuse in the book why you are not addicted to buying things....but it comes down to that no matter how you look at it.

I myself find that I buy things that I really do not need because it gives me pleasure.  So I speak from experience.  I try to find other things to do that make me happy so I stop spending. Walking is my favorite distraction!

Respected Contributor

I've bought more recently than I normally do, as well.  Got my Basso throw the other day....it is so nice....I was a little thrown that what I thought was chocolate chinchilla has a faint camo-looking print running through it...it's subtle enough, but I would have preferred they left it off. But the throw itself is pretty....and so soft and warm....I used it today and it gets a thumbs-up from me.  

Today I ordered the sheets.  I've been using a different brand and they have pilled badly.  Since the vendor was adament that these WON'T pill...I ordered. We shall see!!

Hope I'm done for awhile now!!

Esteemed Contributor

This happens to me also - but not necessarily at the holidays. I'll buy 10 sweaters at a time (Kohls store); 15 pairs of jeans (Kohls on-line), many pairs of Clarks shoes (from the Q) etc. If the price is right and I like the products --- I'll shop til I drop. Then I don't shop for 6 months.

Enjoy shopping -- it's good for ur health!!!!! A little wine won't hurt either.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why is it QVC has...

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the replies! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one! lol. I got the sheets. Haha. I did wait all day and then my friend called (who also ordered the sheets!), so I missed the sage (in king), which matches best,  but the sea glass will work too (and I really liked that color best). So I got the sea glass. Oh I cant wait. I said to DH, just picture it. Snow outside our little heater on (also from Q years ago) and we are laying there all cozy on the fleece sheets. lol..

Thanks for enabling me everyone! :-) 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

Thank you for the replies! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one! lol. I got the sheets. Haha. I did wait all day and then my friend called (who also ordered the sheets!), so I missed the sage (in king), which matches best,  but the sea glass will work too (and I really liked that color best). So I got the sea glass. Oh I cant wait. I said to DH, just picture it. Snow outside our little heater on (also from Q years ago) and we are laying there all cozy on the fleece sheets. lol..

Thanks for enabling me everyone! :-) 

You painted a lovely, cozy picture for your hubby....enjoy your snuggly sheets!  I liked the sea glass color best....but the sage worked better in my room and they still had it in the size I needed, so sage it was.  We will both be cozy when the snow flies!

Respected Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

Why is it QVC always has so many things I want near the holidays? lol. Ugh, I'm trying not to buy for me or the house now due to Christmas coming and shopping for others! Usually I can resist, but not this year!

I bought a cuddl duds cardi, cuddl dud pants, (both of which I love), the one day only Denim and Co long cardigan (which is one of the nicest things Ive ever bought on here, love it!) Then I bought the TSV Go walk boots  Plus i think I still have our Christmas tree and something else on the bill from easy pays.

NOW I am eyeing up the TSV fleece sheets which Ive wanted for 2 years. I will resist, I will TRY to resist. ..lol..I haven't shopped this much on Q in ages as I have the past weeks or so.

Whats funny is I tried to resist the boots and DH said, "Oh just get them, I know how you love boots!". So he's of no help! lol..

I dont know, but I just love almost everything Q has on around the holidays! Maybe I should change the channel...lol..

I've been busy also!  Trying to slow down.  Why would someone write that they are not shopping?  

Anyway, shopers have a good time and enjoy.

Hugs, Cathy