Honored Contributor

Why don't the debates show the name of each person that is speaking?

Valued Contributor

Re: Why don't the debates show the name of each person that is speaking?

[ Edited ]

I'm also proudly from NJ. I think they do it on purpose to confuse those of us who don't know some of the lesser known candidates, and only the heavy hitters at this point. Frankly, tonight, I am quite disturbed by some of what I'm seeing. 

Trusted Contributor

I too am from NJ!  This debate is like watching a trainwreck.

Honored Contributor

I'm surprised people don't know them by sight, they're all in the news frequently.  It's important to know who is who.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

I'm from Philly but currently live in So. Joisey!

I think the reason is because the MC keeps mentioning the name everytime he asks a question to a particular person.  When some one inturrupts, he mentions their name.

Are my eyes deciving me....... Christie gained all of his weight back????  Did he grow another stomach or what after his reduction surgery?????? runaway.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Hi jersey girls. Thanks for the answers. Seems like some are being focused on more than others. Don't know all by sight except for the obvious.

Trusted Contributor

This is a live debate with cameras cutting back and forth between the modeators and the candidates -- especiallly as other candidates attempt to jump in.

This is not something that was done earlier in the day where the names can be added in post-production.

And seriously, at this point, interested parties should already know who the candidates are.  One can spend a bit of time looking up this information on one's own rather than being spoon-fed the names from producers.

Respected Contributor

A lot of backpeddling tonight.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

I guess I thought they would have the name on the front of each podium. Duly chastised Ky Toby.

Trusted Contributor

I agree that it is a trainwreck.  The moderator is very poor.  He allows the candidates to interupt each other and the questions are terrible.  Many of the questions are simply asking the candidates to respond to something that has been said (in the past) about him/her by another candidate on the stage.  He seems to just want them to bicker with each other.  Finally now near the end it seem to be getting at some substance.