Honored Contributor

Why do you?

Honored Contributor

LOL

Honored Contributor

I guess i'm like a moth drawn to a light bulb?

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

I like to post with all different people from many places that I might not ordinarily meet in my daily life.

Esteemed Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

I guess i'm like a moth drawn to a light bulb?

LOL, but be careful...

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

Re: Why do you post?

[ Edited ]

Actually I don't completely know why.  Some topics are just interesting (your favorite toy) and fun to address.  Other topics make me very annoyed (cruel host/ vendor bashing) and being a Libra, feel the need for some good thoughts about the one being bashed.  Sometimes I am looking for information (poor man' dessert) and received gracious responses.  By the way I did try the recipe given and that was it - thank you!  I have learned from some of the very clever women posting here. Surfk is frequently one of those as well as others. I have seen a lot of compassion.

I have found it interesting to read the opinions of each even if I totally disagree.

Honored Contributor

Because no one can hear me when I speak.

Respected Contributor

Prior to the new forum format .... I used to post to ask a question regarding clothing sizes!   But now, since ordering the wrong size is costly to return , I stopped buying clothes.   It would have been nice if reviewers would give more than a general statement.    Would love to find out::

1. Their normal size (and did they size up or down)

2. Their measurements and weight (if that's not too personal).

3.  Color they chose.

4.  Did they keep or return.

5.  Is this the first time they tried the brand.

But most reviews are usually ... "Loved it, fits true to size."  

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Sometimes, I ask myself that same question......lol  

Me too!!!  I am embarrassed to have so many posts under my belt, I must have more free time than I thought (especially in the summer)!  Is this my hobby???

You know, I have wondered about this many times.  Since the new format caused posters to lose their counts, I've seen many,many complaints about it.  "I had 9,999..."    So help me, if I had that many, I'd have to have a conversation with myself about my use of time.  I do not see it as a badge of honor.  

I think I have caught on that QVC's ranking system ( Revered, Worshipped and Adored, whateveris based on number of posts.   I would more appreciate and find useful ranks like Literate, Sensible, etc.

Brilliantly said!  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

It's a little bit addicting.

I don't have a clue as to what triggered me to start, but now it's to either ask a question and hope for a conversation, or to point out something I like and want to share, or to empathize with someone about an issue I also experienced.  

Sometimes I find it frustrating that some do not comprehend what I expect them to comprehend and they respond in ways that puzzle me.  That could be me or it could be them, I do not yet have a clue.  I understand this is the nature of public forums

Overall, it's a pleasurable experience to express yourself and have some human communication.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.