Valued Contributor

I started coming here regularly in the beginning of this year when the Q rolled out their "new and improved" shipping policies."  I wanted to see if other customers were having the same thoughts about it that I was.  (They were!)  Then there were the website changes and more stewing about that.  Along the way, I encountered some interesting discussions, and I started exploring more categories.  I wouldn't ask a question on the boards that I could easily Google an answer to.  I mostly like to come here for a good laugh.  There have been a few really thigh-slapping threads, and those have been my favorites!

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Contributor

A really big  thank you to most of you.  You have affirmed my belief that most of the posters here are  kind, sensitive to others, helpufl,  and genuinely nice people.

My purpose in posting this was threefold: to get posters to think of why they do what they do (no judgement here - I sort of think  it makes one appreciate something evem more if they understand their motivation), to suggest to posters that the www has lots of good info out there,  and to confirm my theories of what this forum is about.

Some have made, what to me, are disparaging remarks about the kid who always asked why.  Well, congratulatios, you found me out.  I am indeed that kid.  I learned to read at 3, graduated from a prestigious college, and was a reasearcher at two of the best colleges in the US (MIT and Harvard),  So much for kids asking why - sometimes those kids are very very smart, creative, imaginative, and successful. I have some papers published while at Harvard.  No big deal, it is what it is. (Hey I have more flaws than anybody!) So is it that you were baiting, hating, envious, or unkind?  Sad.

Respected Contributor

I would like to think that there are more disparaging remarks made to one who brags too much rather than the one who always why.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is rude to another poster.

Respected Contributor

I started because of the discount codes and advice on Beauty Banter.  Now we can't list discount codes and the thread has less traffic.  Then I fell into Viewpoints, but lots of us go to different board for that now.  The Q no longer allows controversial topics or comments.  That, of course is their choice.

Esteemed Contributor

It's chitchat, same thing as talking to people at the store.

Respected Contributor

Re: Why do you post?

[ Edited ]

@amaivy wrote:

A really big  thank you to most of you.  You have affirmed my belief that most of the posters here are  kind, sensitive to others, helpufl,  and genuinely nice people.

My purpose in posting this was threefold: to get posters to think of why they do what they do (no judgement here - I sort of think  it makes one appreciate something evem more if they understand their motivation), to suggest to posters that the www has lots of good info out there,  and to confirm my theories of what this forum is about.

Some have made, what to me, are disparaging remarks about the kid who always asked why.  Well, congratulatios, you found me out.  I am indeed that kid.  I learned to read at 3, graduated from a prestigious college, and was a reasearcher at two of the best colleges in the US (MIT and Harvard),  So much for kids asking why - sometimes those kids are very very smart, creative, imaginative, and successful. I have some papers published while at Harvard.  No big deal, it is what it is. (Hey I have more flaws than anybody!) So is it that you were baiting, hating, envious, or unkind?  Sad.

My question after reading this is why do people like to go on the internet and make up fantasy lives?

Well here goes - I will probably be poofed.

I worked for the City of Philadelphia after graduating college. My job was to work with people on welfare.

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Appalachia-Poverty-Is-A-Carcinogen/m-p/1975342#M671865

Honored Contributor

I occasionally check in............Just enjoy reading ideas/thoughts/suggestions that I hadn't previously thought of.............Also, wondering if others in the country have similar thoughts as I have about various subjects...........I've learned a lot, and appreciate it.  Where else would I obtain the information, thoughts of others, suggestions, etc.?   And we can respond back, thanking folks!   It's a win-win, most of the time, IMO. Smiley Happy Cat Happy

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Why do you post?

[ Edited ]

Camaraderie, to catch up, maybe share the enjoyment of a program or discuss a news story.  I briefly considered leaving but decided the positives still outshine the negatives...

Respected Contributor

to make people smile with my pics