Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,272
Registered: ‎09-24-2011

IMHO CNN is equal to those rags at the supermarket checkout!!!!!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,997
Registered: ‎03-25-2012

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@LilacTree

 

I see that same question all the time, on both local and national news.  

 

It must be something reporters are told to lead with, to get the person talking.  If someone I knew had just been shot, I wouldn't feel anything immediately.  I think I would be totally numb with shock and disbelief.    "This really can't be happening .... "  

 

JMO


@Tinkrbl44

Exactly how I would feel.  I would be too devastated.  I remember when 9/11 happened.  Very few family members were interviewed.  It was mostly firefighters and police who had lost members of their precincts.  And they were mostly in shock.

 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,752
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@LilacTree

 

I just saw the interview on CNN and if we were watching the same one, it was the parents of the child who was shot but survived.

 

Not the parents of the deceased.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,997
Registered: ‎03-25-2012

@Noel7 wrote:

@LilacTree

 

I just saw the interview on CNN and if we were watching the same one, it was the parents of the child who was shot but survived.

 

Not the parents of the deceased.


@Noel7

That's how quickly I muted it and stopped watching it.  I guess that's more acceptable.  But they do it all the time with the parents of victims too.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,752
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@LilacTree

 

Was it a black couple?  The mom was on our right wearing an olive color top?

 

If so, IT WAS THE PARENTS OF THE SURVIVING CHILD.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,997
Registered: ‎03-25-2012

@Noel7 wrote:

@LilacTree

 

Was it a black couple?  The mom was on our right wearing an olive color top?

 

If so, IT WAS THE PARENTS OF THE SURVIVING CHILD.


@Noel7

I believe you and still wouldn't have watched it. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,752
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@LilacTree wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@LilacTree

 

I just saw the interview on CNN and if we were watching the same one, it was the parents of the child who was shot but survived.

 

Not the parents of the deceased.


@Noel7

That's how quickly I muted it and stopped watching it.  I guess that's more acceptable.  But they do it all the time with the parents of victims too.


***********************

 

@LilacTree

 

Our posts crossed Smiley Happy

 

That mother had worked with the teacher as a teacher's aid and they knew each other well.  Much of what she said was about the teacher and that they were good friends.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,247
Registered: ‎10-04-2010

The first time I heard a reporter ask that question, of parents who'd just lost a child, I was so mad, I yelled back at the t.v., the stupid reporter that is, on just how he thought they'd feel. All I can think is they are so anxious to be the FIRST to report, they lose their minds and no longer have brains in action. How callous. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,997
Registered: ‎03-25-2012

@qualitygal wrote:

The first time I heard a reporter ask that question, of parents who'd just lost a child, I was so mad, I yelled back at the t.v., the stupid reporter that is, on just how he thought they'd feel. All I can think is they are so anxious to be the FIRST to report, they lose their minds and no longer have brains in action. How callous. 


@qualitygal

I agree.  And I usually defend the media.  But I hate such interviews and never watch them.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,138
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

I think they just need attention brought to light that their baby was killed by someone,  that was their child , and when a parent has a child die they are in the lowest place any human can be,don't judge them, they may be hanging on by a thin thread.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.