Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why So Many Masks On Sale?

@SilleeMee wrote:

@happycat wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Saw on news, people gathering for super bowl ,in bars restaurants ignoring mask mandates.

Ugh, that figures but it sure is discouraging. I wonder if these people have better health insurance than I do or just what. I have a friend who spent 3 weeks in the hospital due to covid, who is healthier than I am. I don't even want to think what that hospital bill would look like. 

I spent several weeks in the hospital with covid. The bills keep coming and it's overwhelming. I have no idea how I will pay for all of it. I am reaching out for financial help b/c that is my only solution and I am not proud about that but what else can I do...? The financial cost almost doesn't seem real.

I'm so sorry, @SilleeMee. I pray you can get the help you need to pay for it. That's why its so frustrating to see people acting like this is nothing. I remember you had been very careful too, and got it in spite of taking all the precautions. 

You are part of the reason I insist on being very cautious.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

The goal posts keep changing

So does the virus and so does knowledge about the virus.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@happycat wrote:

The ones I saw on sale on QVC were two layer, tommie copper washable. Two layer is not what cdc has been recommending, and they didn't seem to be on that great of a sale anyway. 

I hope everyone who has ordered those realizes they may not be enough. 

I bought the Tommy Copper two-ply masks earlier this year and they are my favorite.  They fit close to the face all around.  I use a filter with them, they stay in place and fit perfectly in the mask even without a pocket.

And a few weeks ago, I accidently found out that if I wear my reading glasses down to cover the edge of the mask, when I'm trying to read a label in the grocery store, my glasses don't fog up.  I only regret it took me this long to figure that out.

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

The goal posts keep changing

So does the virus and so does knowledge about the virus.

@Marp @Mom2Dogs 

Thank goodness they are moving the goal-posts! We be in an even worse position if they didn’t.

Honored Contributor

@Lucylu12 wrote:

With more people getting vaccinated masks will no longer be required. I have my second shot scheduled for the 23rd of Feb.☺️

@Lucylu12 , dream on.

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@skatting44 wrote:

Unfortunately,  in my opinion those making decisions for us all are going to have us wear masks for yrs .Now you have to wear them driving your car on intersates  and outside .  The vaccine is not going to change any of this  because we can't put  the  virus problem in a jar  and put a lid on it becuse  there are some who refuse the  vaccine and the constant influx of new people in our country unvaccinated.  There's the issue with other strains .  Since we all must wear the masks , retailers are  now making new styles  in varied fabric designs .  Is it becoming fashionable to  have one to match all our outfits like some notable people do ?

@skatting44  Wear a mask while driving? Not around here. We don't wear them walking around town either unless you come upon a crowd of people. As soon as you sit at your table in the restaurant they come off. 

Visit Maryland and you'll see plenty of people driving around with masks on . There are newly enacted  executive order  requirements. It is expected to also include 2 masks  soon.

www.travelandleisure.com/travel-news/cdc-masks-requirement-public-transportation

www.aarp.org/travel/travel-tips/safety/info-2021/mask-mandate.html

@skatting44 , this is very different than an individual being required to wear a mask inside his/her own vehicle.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@willdob3 wrote:

@santorini wrote:

People love to spread doom and gloom.  No way this will last 3 years. I'm optimistic for a return to the office before summer begins. 

@santorini wrote:

People love to spread doom and gloom.  No way this will last 3 years. I'm optimistic for a return to the office before summer begins. 

@santorini 

Really? Come to Florida. I’ve been back in the office since May. 

I've never not been in the office.

After the SB last night, I was watching a news program and there was an infectious disease doctor on.  He indicated that even if every single person in the US was vaccinated, it would not stop Covid due to people coming into the US from other countries, commerce between the US and other countries, etc. 

He said this is something we are going to have to live with but hopefully it can be managed because it's not going to be eliminated.

Dr. Fauci has said more than once one of the reasons the US needs to ramp up vaccinating people so quickly is to get people vaccinated before there are too many variants.  

And let's face it.  If this vaccine only lasts 5 months or so, how many people are going to get vaccinated every 5 months, 2 times?  It's not going to happen.  

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@happycat wrote:

The ones I saw on sale on QVC were two layer, tommie copper washable. Two layer is not what cdc has been recommending, and they didn't seem to be on that great of a sale anyway. 

I hope everyone who has ordered those realizes they may not be enough. 

Those Tommie Copper masks are made of stretchy material which is the worst part about them...comfortable yes but when they stretch the fibers spread apart making the masks less effective at preventing germs from going through the gaps. I would not recommend them to anyone.

@SilleeMee 

Not necesarily, it really depends on the material. Elastic, for example, is stretchy, yet particles cannot pass through it. 

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Trusted Contributor

Do as you wish but after my second shot while giving it 2 weeks like suggested I will not be wearing a mask. 

Trusted Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Lucylu12 wrote:

With more people getting vaccinated masks will no longer be required. I have my second shot scheduled for the 23rd of Feb.☺️

Not true.

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Lucylu12 wrote:

Not true.

It's true in my world☺️